Devtoberfest
Find out what's happening, and when, in the Devtoberfest schedule – don't miss out!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🔵 Enhancing Analytic Application functionality with simple scripting

Devtoberfest

In this session Principal Analytics & Insight consultant James Barlow will show you how the UI & UX of Analytic Applications can be enhanced using native SAP Analytics Cloud scripting to create more complex effects & functionality within a dashboard.

You will also take a look at how processing scripts via a chain of events & logic can help you creating seemingly complex interactions within an Application.

Featured Guests
Featured Guests
Contributor

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
7 Comments
Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

If you participate in the Devtoberfest contest, then please answer this question after watching the session:
https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/devtoberfest2022-week-2-sac-scripting.html

SJohnson
Employee
Employee

First off, great session James. There were some insightful examples you provided over the course of the hour. I wanted to provide another useful tool for debugging Analytic Applications as it was mentioned a few times in your session. Similar to the console log, Chrome provides a Sources tab in the Developer Options panel. From here you can add breakpoints to your Javascript code and step through as you would most other IDEs. Note that scripts won't appear until they are used once, for example a button click event won't appear in sources until it is clicked for the first time. However, as long as you don't close the browser tab, breakpoints will be saved when the page is refreshed. I have attached a screenshot of what the user experience should look like.

Chrome_Source.png

Regards,

Sean

JBARLOW
Contributor

Thanks Sean

Sathees_P
Participant

Hello Team,

'Create a Development Project in SAP Business Application Studio' Tutorial I unable create a project due to cloud foundry endpoint sso works but ORG & SPACE not showing 😞

Sathees_Kumar_P_0-1665649261381.png

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Hi @Former Member. Please see a possible answer here: https://answers.sap.com/answers/13736317/view.html

In the future, please report issues using a "Feedback" link on the tutorial:

VitaliyR_2-1665659030922.png

Best regards,
-Vitaliy

Sathees_P
Participant

Thanks Vitaliy, it helps me to come out from issue. 🙂

Great session James!  Thanks for spending the time to show us these insights ðŸ˜€