Devtoberfest
Find out what's happening, and when, in the Devtoberfest schedule – don't miss out!
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

πŸ”΄ Get to Know SAP Process Automation with a Fun Example

Devtoberfest

See how Eric Hagen, part of the SAP Process Automation product management team, built a workflow for his daughter to ask for an extension on her nightly curfew. Eric, a very strict parent, will demystify SAP Process Automation and show you how it can be used to create complex and useful workflows and automations for your work – or personal life.

With Eric Hagen

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
14 Comments
WenjingLiu
Participant

Hi experts, I was following the YouTube video tutorial. However I was not able to access SAP Process Automation service in my SAP BTP Trial account. I checked the "perquisition" in the help documentation and I don't think there is an option "Document Management Service, Integration Option" for me. I am not sure whether it is I didn't do it right or it is just not possible with a trial account. Please kindly help! Thanks!

2022-10-21 06_39_45-Application Development.jpg

2022-10-21 06_40_27-Configure SAP Document Management Service for Process Attachments _ SAP Help Por.jpg

WenjingLiu
Participant

2022-10-21 06_47_19-Trial Home _ 458b8710trial _ trial _ Entitlements - SAP BTP Cockpit.jpg

WenjingLiu
Participant

2022-10-21 06_49_55-Trial Home _ 458b8710trial _ trial _ Entitlements - SAP BTP Cockpit.jpg

joeremo
Participant

Thank you Eric for sharing your Fun Example....I came up with a personal example for SAP's upcoming "Situation". It is a Family Calendar app where a child needs a ride but there is a schedule conflict with Mom and Dad. At first, I was only going to create a Mockup with SAP Build Apps, but now I can create a working prototype using SBPA (SAP Build Process Automation) to add Rules, Decisions, Intelligence, etc.... SAP Build Solutions are awesome! Go Builders!

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

@joeremo Glad you're enjoying the tools -- would be interesting to see your app in action

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn
joeremo
Participant

Thank you Dan, you will be the first to see it!

joeremo
Participant

@Dan_Wroblewski  I wanted you to be the first to know that I will be posting mockup screens of my "Calendar Situation" using #sapbuild and #applewatch UI in my LinkedIn account real soon.

I already started posting screenshots of #sapbuild and basic #applewatch UI in my LinkedIn account. I hope you can check them out.

I have narrowed down a simple "Calendar Situation" process to 8-10 steps with only 2 Actionable steps. That is automating 75-80% !!! I am adding an Audit Trail which will add a lot future value. I will mention to everyone in my LinkedIn posts that I plan on using #sapbuild to add the intelligent automation.

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

What is your LinkedIn? 

Maybe post a project file so we can play with it

--------------
joeremo
Participant

joe-remo-texas

Happy to share my project files, but at this time I will have to post several individual project files.

Here is a preview of 3 mockup screens out of 6 or 7 total. The remaining mockup screens will reuse these 3.

Will post project files next.

Mock_Watch_02.pngMock_Watch_05.pngMock_iPhone_02.png

joeremo
Participant

I found out the only way to share my project files is through the cloud.

Here is a link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bQ56rz-YldWGrWnBNWDUnOs6-7md7822?usp=sharing

Note: I used the Export from History to create the .GPG files.

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Thanks πŸ™‚

In the download I see 5 gpg files -- are there 5 different Build Apps projects? And what about the process automation project you talked about?

And can you provide 2 sentences of documentation of what the user would do with the app?

--------------
joeremo
Participant

You're welcome!

Yes, at this time I only completed 5 mockup screens. I wanted to get them done before the start of Apple's WWDC 2023, which is today. I completed enough missions that I have a pretty good idea of how to complete the process automation. I will start working on that as soon as possible.

Documentation:

1. The child needs to enter a new event in the Calendar app with a request for ride.

2. The recommended parent would Accept or Decline on the Approval Form the AI sent them.

I am very excited about all the possibilities, so I will be working as fast as I can!

joeremo
Participant

Just finished the watchOS 10 announcements, happy to confirm widgets for the Apple Watch. I am hoping to combine widgets with Shortcuts to create a "Ride-Request". It will be better than creating an app or a wrapper. The combination of widgets and Shortcuts can lead to other intelligent automations.

joeremo
Participant