Devtoberfest
Find out what's happening, and when, in the Devtoberfest schedule – don't miss out!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🟣 How to Make State Management Work for You with Redux and Redux Toolkit

Devtoberfest

State management for the frontend. No more sinking props down layers of components and bubbling results back up. Access all your common data in one place with Redux! In this presentation, I will walk through what Redux is, why you would use it, how you would use it, and how to simplify it with Redux Toolkit.

While Redux is UI framework agnostic, this presentation will be using React.

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
9 Comments
TMNielsen
Contributor

there are no links in "the description here below" as you say after 1:07 

Patrick_vN
Active Contributor

Check the session on youtube, the links are there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OspWBMQZqTw

TMNielsen
Contributor

Ah - of course - thanks  

bpawanchand
Active Contributor

Thanks Michelle, It was  nice to know the difference between redux and Redux Toolkit. I had experience  working with Redux but just got know that redux toolkit makes a developer life more easier.

israelescamill
Explorer

Here are the links (from YouTube):

=========================================

State management for the frontend. No more sinking props down layers of components and bubbling results back up. Access all your common data in one place with Redux! In this presentation, I will walk through what Redux is, why you would use it, how you would use it, and how to simplify it with Redux Toolkit.

Frontend UI Design by Daphine Biruma

rcaziraghi
Participant

Hi!

Really enjoyed the session. I'll be exploring Redux, Redux toolkit and RTK Query in my future developments. 

Thank you SAP team for the great opportunities to learn something new and thank you @MichelleMoudy for the great session.

duncanbarre
Participant

Nice one! Maybe part 2 can be about using Redux toolkit and an oData service, so we have a more "real-world' example ðŸ˜Š 

rcaziraghi
Participant

That's a nice idea! Maybe a blog post about it?

MichelleMoudy
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

This is actually a real world example influenced by something I had been working on at the time and felt like a great way to demo the power of Redux. This is using React and the UI5 Web Components for React so while not UI5, it is UI5 adjacent.

I will look into how to use Redux Toolkit with a UI5 application and create some kind of content about it. That's a fantastic idea.