Devtoberfest
Find out what's happening, and when, in the Devtoberfest schedule – don't miss out!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🟢 Introduction to ABAP Object Oriented Patterns

Devtoberfest

Although not a new topic in the #ABAP space, Object Oriented patterns continues to be a hotly requested topic. Therefore, we thought to start off the ABAP topic in #Devtoberfest with an interactive session on this very topic. We will look at some of the basics of object-oriented design in the ABAP language but also discuss some of the common design patterns that are most often used in ABAP. From the Factory pattern to dependency injection, we will look at different patterns implemented in ABAP. 

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
37 Comments
Sandra_Solis
Participant

I'm from Mexico, I have 7 hours difference with you, if I can't see it in real time, will it be recorded so I can see it later?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

All the content is on YouTube and available for replay immediately after the live event. We try to spread the live content around to facilitate all time zones, but most people must consume the content not live. That's what we saw in previous years as well.  That's why it's great to the have the ability to comment here, on the video or in a discussion thread in the Devtoberfest group.   If you have any questions when watching the content on your own schedule, feel free to ask them.  Our developer advocates will be on the look out for any question and happy to answer them well after the live sessions. 

Azeemquadri
Contributor

Is there a blog post about the video contents. It is easier to search text than videos.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

No, I don't think you can expect a written version of the Devtoberfest sessions. 

Sandra_Solis
Participant

thanks for answer, I have another quierestion, 🙈🙈 the points will be count, even if I don't see the event in real time?? Sorry for asking a lot, it is my first event ðŸ™ˆðŸ™ˆ

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Absolutely.  You can watch the session in your own time. As long as you watch and complete the Contest Validation tutorial before the end of the contest on October 31st, it all counts. 

SampsonF
Explorer

Sampson, attending from Lagos, Nigeria 👋👋👋

deiamolina
Active Participant

Hi.
I'm not able to check my gameboard. Would anyone please help me with how to do it? I have tried adding my user ID (deiamolina) at the end of the URL https://devrel-tools-prod-scn-badges-srv.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/devtoberfestContest/scnId.Her... but it didn't work.

Thanks

Andrea

deiamolina
Active Participant

I got it 🙂
Not very intuitive but I did it.

Patrick_vN
Active Contributor

Care to share how you solved it? I think I encounter the same issue 🙂

Thanks in advance 

deiamolina
Active Participant

Hi Pvnierop.

Sure.

On the top of this page right click on the word 'Community' and open another tab for it. You will be redirected to the community page. Click on your picture at the top of this page and click on 'Manage my account'. Your ID is on the top of the word Dashboard, it starts with an @.

Then, using the link below, replace the [YOU_ID] by the ID without @

https://devrel-tools-prod-scn-badges-srv.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/devtoberfestContest/[YOUR_ID]

That's it.

Let me know if it worked.

Patrick_vN
Active Contributor

Ah, I hoped it was something else. It looks like somehow the two accounts aren't linked..

deiamolina
Active Participant

Oh... Weird. Both are community websites. ðŸ¤”

Patrick_vN
Active Contributor

Yeah, guess I'm either not registered, or it hasn't been uploaded yet. 

SugguSandeep
Active Participant

It's Working 

Thank You @deiamolina 

deiamolina
Active Participant

Your welcome 🙂

SugguSandeep
Active Participant

How To Ask Question To Instructor ?
As there is No Chat In Live Session 

Dinesh