Devtoberfest
Find out what's happening, and when, in the Devtoberfest schedule – don't miss out!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🔵 SAP HANA Cloud: processing semi-structured data using the JSON Document Store

Devtoberfest

More than two years ago, the JSON Document Store debuted in SAP HANA Cloud. Starting as a simple yet neatly integrated store for semi-structured data, the development team has invested in enterprise-grade features such as enhanced processing of JSON arrays, support for indexes, and improved integration into the SQL query layer.

In this session, we will provide an overview and a demo of SAP HANA’s JSON Document Store. Additionally, you will learn how to connect MongoDB clients to SAP HANA using an open-source compatibility layer for the MongoDB Wire Protocol.

📺 Slides

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
9 Comments
cphmedard
Associate
Associate

i had a multi layer/hierarchical graph to be stored for mutli level dependency graphs / rules imposed on scheduling problems: multi resource scheduling subject to such dependency graphs. they were give to us in JSON objects... 

cphmedard
Associate
Associate

I turn my comment into a question : imagine  a graph G=(V,E) given in JSON format, where V set of nodes and E set of directed arcs on (VxV).naturally i would like to store this in HANA , from which i would next create a graph with HANA graph or indirectly (table of nodes, table of arcs). regardless of which.
Now, imagine a nested/hierarchy: each node in V in that first level Graph, i zoom on it, it actually represents a sub graph, a level 2 graph, also represented in JSON format. so a two level graph. 
Now, imagine this two level graph is all stored in a single JSON structure. i d like to store that in HANA and derive the two level graph (directly or indirectly). 
repeat for any level of graphs.... doable in HANA JSON processing ?

this opens up Bill of Bill of Bill of Bill of ....  deeply nested BOMs... or deeply nested ... .BOP (processes)
I have sent an example of a two level BOP to your team.
many thx,  claude ph

mvinci
Advisor
Advisor

Best in devoctoberfest !!!

mkemeter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks Marcello!

akuller_q
Participant

@mkemeter nice session, are there any plans to make document storage available in the free tier model?

mkemeter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Unfortunately not. The reason for this is that the Document Store requires at least 3 vCPUs and the free tier only offers 2. If this changes, we would be keen on integrating the offering into the free tier.

mkemeter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Here are some additional links, which I pasted in the chat during the live session:

LuisBenavidesA
Participant

Great, thanks @mkemeter for share it, helpful resources to continuous of learning journey.

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate