Enterprise Architecture Blog Posts
Need a little more room to share your thoughts with the community? Post a blog in the SAP Enterprise Architecture group to explain the more complex topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rene_de_Daniel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Let’s face it: When it comes to business transformation and shifting more and more workload to the cloud, organizations need to trust and rely on the skills of those who can bridge both business and technology needs to secure outcomes and stay the forefront of innovation. Hence it comes as no surprise that the role of the enterprise architect, who precisely has this proficiency, has become increasingly vital. In fact, the role was even the number one best career in the United States in 2022 according to a recent ranking by Glasdoor. Conversely, this means: Those who can demonstrate their expertise in enterprise architecture can be set up for success and career growth. And this is where a new certification program from SAP comes in.

Showcase your expertise and increase your marketability

Launched just a couple of hours ago, SAP has introduced the first role-based certification for enterprise architects with a clear career path and credentials. If you are an experienced SAP professional with a comprehensive understanding of solutions and technology, end-to-end business processes, reference architecture, and the strategic aspects of enterprise architecture, this new certification can help you stand out from the crowd, open new career opportunities, increase your earning potential, and foster job security. After all, a recent report shows that 37% of certified professionals received salary increases and 27% were offered job promotions.

Apply your knowledge to shine in the exam

To get certified, you can make use of SAP’s dedicated exam preparation guide to get you started on the topic areas and learning recommendations that will help you excel at your test. But don’t worry! The exam will not be based on theoretical knowledge only. You will have the chance to shine with applied knowledge. And before you take the test, you can easily connect with peers and SAP experts to exchange information about enterprise architecture, ask questions, search for answers, and access additional resources in a dedicated learning group.

Being future proof is what every organization wants to be. Get your skills validated with SAP’s latest enterprise architect certification, demonstrate that you are equipped with the skills to drive business value on a large scale, and take your career to the next level. You can find more information on the enterprise architect certification on the SAP Learning site.

25 Comments
Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor

I need guidance on How this certification is to be taken ?I don't require any classroom/virtual training as EA concept is not new in SAP

I am a TOGAF Certified Enterprise Architect with 3+ years in EA role (Focus on HR Transformation) and prior to that primarily on Solution Architect role in SAP HCM/SuccessFactors for 10+ years.

I don't see any clarity in below P_SAPEA_2023 Exam guide

https://cdn.training.sap.com/cdn/pdf/P_SAPEA_2023_Exam_Guide.pdf

Regards,

Niladri

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Niladri, could you elaborate on what you mean by clarity? The guide shows what areas are covered by the new EA certification and their weighting and reference documents for content background. This is an overview document or guide. This is not a sample question and answer type of guide that some other certifications have. 

seVladimirs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think what he was trying to ask is - where we can apply for the SAP Enterprise Architect exam/certification?  

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks  for the comment that is not how I read it, my bad.

To get more insights and book your seat for the learning you can go here

Hope that helps.

M.

darrinbauer
Explorer

There is also a link to SAP learning that shows the course and mentions the exam which is not released yet (details coming June).

https://learning.sap.com/enterprise-architect

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting link Darrin.

M.

Kris-K
Explorer

Dear Martin,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic content.

Would be possible to enable the links in the Exam Guide document ?

Microsoft Word - P_SAPEA_2023_Exam_Guide.docx in the chapter "Reccomended Readings and Resourcess" 

Not sure if this is problem on my side or the links are not enabled.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Kris.

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Kris, I will see what I can do with the author of that document. 

Martin

mahenpande
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks @MartinMysyk  , its for everyone. seems links are not embedded.

One more query, is the certification live now.

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I will get an update on that as well,

M.

mahenpande
Participant
0 Kudos

sure, thanks

Frist Thanks a lot for the fantastic post @Rene_de_Daniel and @MartinMysyk 

I've notified the responsible SAP Education Team to to enable/fix the links in the Exam Guide document

Microsoft Word - P_SAPEA_2023_Exam_Guide.docx 

Further/Concrete details about the Certication will be announced very soon 😉

mahenpande
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Architects,

The SAP Enterprise Architect certification exam is live and bookable now:
https://learning.sap.com/certification/sap-certified-professional-sap-enterprise-architect

Feel free to share the news with your network, and thank you so much for the ongoing support from SAP Education Team and a lot of SAP Architects to make this happen!

Best regards,
Christoph

Rene_de_Daniel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear Architects,

the exam guide has been updated.

The links should work now and a case study, relevant for the certification, was added: P_SAPEA_2023_Exam_Guide.pdf

Regards,

Rene

Kris-K
Explorer

Dear Rene_de_Daniel, C_Schuessler,  MartinMysyk

many thanks for your prompt actions to fix the issue with the links and effort to create such valuable content.

Looking forward to exchange and make this channel grow

Best

Kris.

mahenpande
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks @Rene_de_Daniel  . Do you have information when this certification is live. Thanks

mahenpande
Participant

thanks @former_member6114  , saw your message. Happy Learning

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

The EA Certification Exam is now live, you can book it at the following link:

SAP Certified Professional - SAP Enterprise Architect | SAP Learning

You will find some helpful links in preparing for the exam as well.

Let us know how it goes!

M.

GJASPALADL
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @Rene_de_Daniel , I am not able to use the link Point of View: Clean Core from the document. It keeps redirecting me to the below page.

GJASPALADL_0-1687841427672.png

Rene_de_Daniel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @GJASPALADL , thanks for the hint. We will correct it accordingly. Please use the following link in the meantime: Point of View: Clean Core (sap.com)

aidinziapour
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing these great insights about EA. 

Subhrangsu
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear @Rene_de_Daniel 

Thanks a lot for this post. When I came across this certification a few days ago, I was really excited. With this ever changing world of SAP Suite of Products and with our Cloud first approach, it is an excellent opportunity to get certified as a SAP Enterprise Architect once you have done your TOGAF. 

Currently though, the Learning Journey is heavily reliant on a 5 day virtual training. Is there any plan to enable this learning journey via self-paced Learning Hub materials instead of an additional classroom training? Apologies if I have missed something obvious in terms of accessing learning content. 

Subhrangsu_0-1691674998341.png

Best Regards,

Subhrangsu

Rene_de_Daniel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @Subhrangsu,

thanks a lot for your feedback.

We are currently in the process of evaluating a  "quick starter" training e.g. as a pre-conference of the SAPInsider events.

For DSAG members we have a cooperation with the DSAG Academy which offers this a one-day training (in German).

I will keep you updated.

Subhrangsu
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks @Rene_de_Daniel 

I will watch this space for further changes, while keeping my fingers crossed that eventually, SAP Learning Hub will host self-paced study materials to help lead up to this certification. Thanks for your speedy response.