Enterprise Architecture Blog Posts
Need a little more room to share your thoughts with the community? Post a blog in the SAP Enterprise Architecture group to explain the more complex topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flo
Advisor
Advisor

Is this a "now or never" moment?

Picture.jpg

I can hardly think of a time where it has been more necessary to take SAP’s unparalleled industry power and put it onto people’s mobile devices: To help them make the world run a little bit better.

For a long time, the tech industry has been talking about disruption, transformation, digitalization. Some couldn't hear it anymore. But since the effects of global crises are becoming increasingly overwhelming anywhere in the world, it must be clear to us: Global developments are actually pushing all of us now to find innovative solutions for working together in more flexible, sustainable, and resilient ways.

And while these solutions are in urgent demand almost everywhere, the potential for apps in the corporate sector is far from exhausted, even though smartphones have long been everyday items for many worldwide. We’re simply not in a world yet where every employee gets a phone or a watch to report back working hours, create an IT ticket, continue even more complex project tasks anywhere, and much more things that can and must be easily mobilized. There are roughly 300 million people that touch an SAP system every day –– would you tell the kids that now and soon start their careers: Hey, put your smartphone aside, you have to use a “real” computer for that?

All this has motivated us to reframe our mobile strategy and are actively showcase SAP’s mobile experience solutions at global business and technology events, from the recent on-site and virtual SAP Sapphire to the upcoming SAP TechEd in fall 2022, where SAP’s mobile offerings play again a vital role.

My team and I have already been sharing our latest app developments with our customers and I'm happy to say they loved the reimagined suite approach, the fresh design and the features that we offer, and on which we will continue to work intensively.

Human, mobile first, and more “wanna use” feeling

For some time now we have been looking at how mobile consumer products have already affected all our lives. How we all stay connected, find our ways, support each other. Then we have induced what has become indispensable for mobile users –– first-class experience, latest cross-device native features, and contextual awareness –– into crucial SAP business processes. To help people master the challenges global supply chains are facing today, in every industry.

But also, to simply make people get their jobs done: with the fastest, most intuitive technology available. Mobile first, whenever it makes sense.

With SAP Mobile Start, we fulfill that promise with a native entry point on Apple and Android devices that’s truly human-centric. The app offers exactly what a specific persona needs to take the right action at the right time, for example, when receiving a critical notification about a production issue on a watch.

With recently launched apps such as SAP Warehouse Operator, SAP Direct Distribution , and the upcoming SAP Ariba Shopping, we further underline the claim of offering the most comprehensive digital supply chain solution from planning to delivery. And with our appealing design philosophy, I am certain that we have a strategy at hand that approaches people and businesses where they are. Using SAP becomes more motivating and effective across all solutions.

For us, developing an attractive and effective mobile experience is a journey. There are some amazing news to come. Even more I am inviting you to read our strategy paper. Get in touch with us with your feedback and your thoughts. Because it’s about improving all our work lives, right now.

Yes, this is the time for mobile business solutions.

View or download the SAP Mobile Experience Strategy Paper.

3 Comments
MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I can't wait to hear more about the mobile strategy at TechEd 2022 this fall. EA's need to know about the strategy and tools to compose the final solution.

PaulKurchina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Its 2022 and Mobile is so much of our lives and needs to be so much of SAP as well. 

In 2022 I would expect ever S/4 Implementation should also include Mobile - one would think that would and should be the case. 

Thank you for sharing 

PaulKurchina
Active Participant

Its 2022 and Mobile is so much of our lives and needs to be so much of SAP as well. 

In 2022 I would expect ever S/4 Implementation should also include Mobile - one would think that would and should be the case.