Enterprise Architecture Discussions
Join the conversation in the SAP Enterprise Architecture group! Participate in discussions about all things enterprise architecture, or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Architects, what are you reading?

Rajen_Patel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Books BW-T.jpg

"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."  - Haruki Murakami. Norwegian Wood

Everyone's journey to the Enterprise Architect (EA) role is unique. We have diverse educational backgrounds, professional backgrounds and mastery in a couple of EA domains. 

Business and IT worlds are constantly changing to adapt to the VUCA world. Architects make sense of this evolving landscape by continuously learning. We all learn by reading, listing, and learning through various books, articles, blogs and podcasts. I strive to expand my understanding of the world around me by reading new perspectives.

Here are a few books/articles that I read (or my reading list) related to EA and technology’s impact

1. Book: Enterprise Architecture As Strategy: Ross, Jeanne W., Weill, Peter, Robertson, David (link)
  2. Book: Business Architecture: Collecting, Connecting, and Correcting the Dots by Roger Burlton (link)
  3. Standards: TOGAF Business Capabilities Guide V2  and other The Open Group Library material
  4. Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture by Gerben Wierda (link)
  5. Book: The Technology Trap, by Carl Benedikt Frey (link)
  6. A lighter side of our trade: https://geek-and-poke.com/) - Leaving footprint 
  7. Video: Making Architecture Matter - Martin Fowler Keynote
  8. Course: An Enterprise Architect’s View on SAP Business Technology Platform - Holger Seubert (link)
  9. Gartner Webinar - Evolve Enterprise Architecture Into an Internal Management Consultancy by Saul Brand (link)

More here

@AndreasPoth  and @ChandraKnabel  also mentioned a few suggestions in this blog

Hoping that you will share your reading list and/or go-to learning sources to make sense of the ever-changing Enterprise Architecture world.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

jens_sinnigen
Explorer

Hi Rajen,

getting into touch with EA topics your list seems to add value finding your way to the role of an EA. recently I just started to read two ressources:

a. Book by Gregor Hohpe: My Books: Architecture, Cloud, and More - The Architect Elevator

b. Book: Designed for Digital - How to Architect Your Business for Sustained Success (Management on the Cutting Edge) (link) - Martin Mocker etc.; The MIT Press

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have read the Designed for Digital and heard the authors speak, they bring a wide experience range and summarize many case studies for the book. I would recommend that one as well. Will have to look into the other one. Thanks for recommending.

Senior Enterprise Architect
SAP Canada