Enterprise Architecture Discussions
Join the conversation in the SAP Enterprise Architecture group! Participate in discussions about all things enterprise architecture, or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the SAP Enterprise Architecture Community Group!

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

The SAP Enterprise Architecture community has needed a place to collaborate, discuss, share and learn together for a long time. We finally have it! We hope you find the value for your time to engage and participate, - This community group is driven by YOU. 

A few things to know about to participate in the site:

1. Anyone can read the group content, but you need to join the group to contribute and participate, Don't worry, everything you need to know is under the Getting Started area of the Help link up above on the right.
  2. Follow the SAP Community Rules of Engagement for posting. Remember: Moderators are watching. 😉
  3. Label your discussion posts to help with organization and searchability. You have to use at least one pre-defined label, but you can create your own Message Tags.
  4. Longer form content, where it might take a little more space to explain or share, might fit better in the Blog Post section of the site. 
  5. This site will evolve over time, and this is one of the first few SAP Community Groups, so be open to change as we evolve both the site features and content. 

That's it! All the basics you need to know to join and participate. 

Senior Enterprise Architect
SAP Canada
29 REPLIES 29

hi Martin,

great to see this group is live.  Best regards, Maciej

0 Kudos

Thanks! We are just ramping up for lots of great content so come back often!

SAP Canada

jranganathan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Happy to be part of this community. Looking forward to see the lively community!

Regards

Jeeva

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks Jeeva, We are looking for everyone to participate as well. Don't be shy. 🙂

SAP Canada

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

As a non-solution architect I look forward to participating and learning from members of this Group. If anyone can share what a 'day in the life of a solution architect is' I would love to hear everyone's stories. Thank you!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Stephanie, this is the type a dialog we are looking to generate and build the awareness of what architects do. Hopefully others in the community respond to you question as well. I can also publish what a typical job description looks like that shows some of those activities.

SAP Canada

Hi everyone,

I found these summary graphics useful when describing differences between solution architecture and enterprise architecture. 

darrinbauer_0-1677863293485.png

This one from LeanIX also includes a Technical Architect in comparison with SA and EA:

darrinbauer_2-1677863687477.png

I hope this is helpful!

Cheers,

Darrin

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting, Darrin.  You point out that there is a difference and many people do not have this understanding. And not all EAs make a good SAs and vs. Versa. Too many times EAs are doing Solution Architecture work rather than real EA work, so the distinction is important. 

I am interested in other people's thoughts on this.

SAP Canada

0 Kudos

Thank You for share Darrin 😃!! This is very helpful 😉!!

Kind regards,

Sebastián.

Hi Stephanie, this is a "Enterprise Architecture Community Group" so we should focus on EA, but it may be interesting to have someone provide definitions, i.e. what is the difference between Solution Architecture and Enterprise Architecture...  

Thanks

Hi Jan, I added a discussion on EA vs. SolArc: Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture - SAP Community Groups. Please have a look and share your thoughts. One of the SAP EA Framework principles is that we want to have consistent linkage between strategic SolArc within EA and the operational Sol Arc. We can talk after vacation. A

Ragavie
Participant

Happy to be part of this group.

Thanks and Regards,

Ragavie

AndreasPoth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Jan,

I agree EA <> Solution Architecture. In our Open Group presentation I briefly spoke about the relation of SAP EAF and Solution Architecture. We plan anyhow a post series on our applied principles, where we will cover that.

Sharadha1
Active Contributor

Glad to be part of this group. It is challenging to be an EA at these exciting times with the explosion of cloud technologies. I am sure we all can help each other by sharing our experiences.

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Yes, Sharandha that is the intent of the group, so we can be a resource for each other. Lots of challenges and the ability to respond quickly with answers/guidance is important.

SAP Canada

former_member11800
Discoverer

Hi Martin

Thanks for the details

Prabhith
Active Contributor

Hello @MartinMysyk 

This is such a great initiative from SAP/SCN.
Have been waiting for such a group.
I look forward to contribute actively.

BR
Prabhith

Suma_cg2022
Explorer

Hi Martin,

Great initiative .. Looking forward for effective contribution and collaboration on Key topics.

Regards,

Suma

DionT
Discoverer

Looking forward to collaborating with this group!

LockhartTech
Explorer

I'm new to SAP. I completed the EA course below last week as a prerequisite for learning about SAP Activate. It was a great course, and a vivid reminder that enterprise innovation can be initiated from the tech side of a business.
An Enterprise Architect’s View on SAP Business Technology Platform 

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks for the feedback. Feel free to create a blog post with the details on how what you learned will impact what you do. I am sure others can also learn from this experience.

SAP Canada

jranganathan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thank you for sharing this.

Lakshmi_2006
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks a lot for sharing and helping us to connect the dots. It will be very interesting to listen to and be able to share everyone's experience in this community. Looking forward to be able to learn and contribute to the community.

rajib_goon51
Participant
0 Kudos

Great Group

ChristianVogler
Participant

Hello World 😉

Happy to be part of this group.

Regards

Christian

@ChristianVogler your enthusiasm will be contagious😁welcome!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

missy_sap143_
Explorer

Glad to be here to connet and contribute, Martin.

I am Khens from South Africa, an MBA graduate majoring in Marketing.

Where is everyone from?

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think you will find people from all over the world, Germany, U.S.A, Canada and more.

M.

SAP Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we have a LinkedIN group for " SAP Enterprise Architecture Community"  if not, can we request to have one ?