Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reza
Participant

Introduction

In today's rapidly evolving business landscape, digital transformation has become imperative for organizations seeking to stay competitive and innovative. One platform that has gained significant attention and popularity in this realm is SAP Business Technology Platform, or SAP BTP. In this blog post, I will provide you with a beginner-friendly introduction to SAP BTP, exploring its key features, benefits, and how it enables businesses to harness the power of the cloud, data analytics, and intelligent technologies.

What is SAP Business Technology Platform?

SAP Business Technology Platform is a comprehensive platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering from SAP that brings together a range of services and tools to support digital transformation initiatives. It serves as a central hub for developing, integrating, extending, and operating applications in a cloud environment. SAP BTP provides a unified foundation for building intelligent enterprise applications and unlocking the value of data for businesses across various industries.

Key Features and Components:

SAP BTP comprises several key features and components that empower organizations to innovate and adapt to changing market demands.

Some of the notable components include:

Integration Suite: Enables seamless connectivity and integration of applications, data, and processes both within and beyond the organization's boundaries.

Extension Suite: Facilitates the extension of existing SAP applications or the development of custom applications to meet specific business requirements.

Here you see the tools you used to and New solution with BTP

Compare Traditional

Analytics Suite: Empowers businesses to extract insights from data by leveraging advanced analytics and visualization capabilities.

Here is a good compare between Traditional and the new Solution with BTP for Analytics Suite

Reporting compare

Database and Data Management: Provides robust data management services, including data storage, processing, and governance, ensuring data integrity and reliability.

Intelligent Technologies: SAP BTP incorporates emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), Internet of Things (IoT), and blockchain, enabling organizations to leverage these technologies for innovation and improved decision-making.

Benefits of SAP BTP:

By adopting SAP BTP, organizations can unlock several benefits, including:

Agility and Flexibility: SAP BTP allows businesses to quickly adapt to changing market conditions and scale their applications and infrastructure based on demand.

Integration and Connectivity: Seamless integration of systems, applications, and data sources enables improved collaboration, process automation, and data consistency.

Innovation and Customization: The extension suite empowers organizations to innovate and tailor SAP applications to their unique business needs, accelerating time-to-value.

Enhanced Data Insights: With the analytics suite, businesses can gain actionable insights from their data, enabling data-driven decision-making and improved operational efficiency.

Future-readiness: By leveraging intelligent technologies, organizations can stay ahead of the curve and capitalize on emerging trends to drive innovation and maintain a competitive edge.

Here we are comparing what you used to for UI and what will be the future with BTP

UI Compare

Common Questions:

Here are some questions that I usually get:

1. Do I have to wait until I migrate to S/4HANA to use SAP BTP? No, Simplifying Digital Transformation starts right now as long as you are on ECC EHP7 and above.

2. When is the right time to start using SAP BTP? As soon as you get your first business pain point or when you have a new requirement from the Business.

3. I am still in ECC, should I start coding in SAP BTP? Yes, this is your roadmap to clean your core clean and starting point to eventually “By 2027” to migrate to S/4HANA.

Conclusion

SAP Business Technology Platform offers a comprehensive set of tools and services that enable organizations to embark on their digital transformation journey. By leveraging the power of cloud computing, data analytics, and intelligent technologies, SAP BTP empowers businesses to become more agile, innovative, and customer-centric.
3 Comments
Anmol_Kumar
Participant
Concise stuff
Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks for sharing! Sorry, what does "start coding in SAP BTP" (your p. 3) mean exactly?
Reza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jelena,

Thank you for your message. So what I was trying to do was to answer some common questions that I get when I see clients and one of the questions that it is common among the clients and it is repeating is as follow:

Client question is : I am still in ECC, should I start coding in SAP BTP?

So when clients ask this question, to me it means that the client or the person who asked the question still not sure what this platform does, but usually this how I try to answer it: To keep your target (by 2027 they will probably migrate to S4HANA) core clean you do not have to wait until you execute your roadmap / migration to S4HANA. If you need to write a code, create integration, resolve a business pain point in your current SAP ECC you can start "coding" in SAP BTP, coding in SAP BTP can simplify the migration process. SAP BTP provides a foundation for developing, allowing for a easier transition and reducing the impact on their existing applications. By starting to code in SAP BTP while still in ECC, you can lay the groundwork for future innovation, take advantage of advanced development capabilities, integrate with diverse systems, leverage emerging technologies, and position your applications for seamless migration to SAP S/4HANA.

I hope this is little more clear but if it is not please let me know. I also encourage you to read my other blog: The Power of SAP BTP with ECC: Why You Shouldn’t Wait for SAP S/4HANA | SAP Blogs

Best Regards,

Reza Rassuli

Labels in this area