Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coleti
Active Contributor
Dear SCN Friends,

I would like to share with you the use of Business Transaction Event 1110 - CHANGE DOCUMENT: Save the standard data comparing to the FI Validation Rule.

Many experts in SAP don´t know about the BTE's and mainly the BTE 1110 - CHANGE DOCUMENT: Save the standard data.

1st BENEFIT:

Personally, I prefer this BTE instead of the FI validation rule in some cases because of the Validation Rule is triggered every time you change the FI document and this sometimes are really boring, even if you don´t save or park the finance accounting document.

So, this is the first benefit of the BTE 1110: it´s triggered only when you Save or Park the finance document.

2nd BENEFIT:

The other benefit is, on the structure of the function module, you have the old data and the new data (after the change).

function zfi_interface_00001110.
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
*"*"Local Interface:
*" IMPORTING
*" VALUE(I_XBKPF) LIKE BKPF STRUCTURE BKPF
*" VALUE(I_YBKPF) LIKE BKPF STRUCTURE BKPF
*" TABLES
*" XBSED STRUCTURE FBSED
*" YBSED STRUCTURE FBSED
*" XBSEG STRUCTURE FBSEG
*" YBSEG STRUCTURE FBSEG
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------

YBSEG, YBKPF and YBSED keep the original document data while the XBKPF, XBSEG and XBSED has the change and new data of the finance document.

There are some validation case, that you should select BKPF or BSEG table to compare old and new data to perform your validation logic. So, the benefit here, you already have both!!!

3rd BENEFIT

If you need to record and manipulate data in a Z table for example after the validation or substitution rule, when the user are changing the FI document. For example, to log additional change log of the FI document.

You cannot use the Validation Rule or Substitution Rule to Commit data in Z tables if you have some need related to this. The main reason, is because the substition rule and validation rule are called everytime when the user is changing the FI document, so you will not know when insert/change and commit the Z data.

The benefit to use the BTE 1110 is that it´s called only when the user is saving the FI accounting document.

You can access the Finance Accounting BTE's thru SAP Reference IMG -> Financial Accounting -> Financial Accounting Global Settings -> Business Transaction Events.

For more information about the implementations and technical details of BTE's follow usefull wikis below about BTE:

If you have other experiences with the Business Transaction Event 1110 - CHANGE DOCUMENT: Save the standard data, please share with us in this Blog Post. For me, it was a good replace of the traditional FI validation rule.

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti
7 Comments
former_member182550
Active Contributor
How about providing the BTE Transactions such as FIBF so people who don't know about them can go and have a look.

Rich
coleti
Active Contributor
Dear Richard,

Thanks you for your input.

I have added the following wiki link BTE - Business Transaction Event which mention some BTE related transaction codes and some debugging tips.

There are another tip that I follow up to discover in the ABAP code the available BTE's.

I usually put a breakpoint in the following function modules:

• PC_FUNCTION_FIND (For Process BTE's)

• BF_FUNCTIONS_FIND (For Interface BTE's)

After that, I proceed with the transaction codes and all BTE's called in SAP will pass thru these two Functions. So you can find out technically others BTE's for your use.

As you mentioned, the FIBF is the main maintenace transaction to activate specific BTE's.

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti
Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Valeu Gabriel, gostei do blog!

um grande benefício em usar o BTE é a questão de transporte. Regras de Valid/subs tem a questão do transporte bem dificultada pela governança do sistema. Como se sabe só se transporta os passos de uma única vez, e isso aumenta o risco de dar problemas. No BTE não tem isso.

Vai no evento de campinas este ano?

https://blogs.sap.com/2018/11/12/sap-inside-track-campinas-2019/

Abs

coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Fala Marcel, tudo bom ?

Obrigado pelo feedback, realmente as BTE's fazem a diferença.

Estive nas duas últimas edição do SIT Campinas, estou esperando o J.Nunes postar a agenda para confimar.

Abraço,

Gabriel Coleti
andreamaral
Explorer
0 Kudos
Olá Gabriel, vi seu post e fiquei com um duvida.

Eu preciso alterar o campo BSEG-ZFBDT com uma logica de negocio a partir da FB02, gostaria de saber se com essa BTE seria possível? No momento estou tentanto e não estou conseguindo fazer refletir na tabela.
coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Olá Cláudio,

Alterar campos utilizando essa BTE não é possível... tecnicamente, na logica standard, no ultimo step da função OPEN_FI_PERFORM_00001110_E, que é essa BTE... o SAP devolve os valores. Nota 530655 implementou isso.

Ela é utilizada mais para validação "Antes e Depois" apenas.

Tente utilizar uma regra de substituição(OBBH) ou as BTE's de processos:

00001410 CHANGE DOCUMENT: Field modification to doc. header
00001420 CHANGE DOCUMENT: Field modification to line item
00001430 CHANGE DOCUMENT: Field substitution header/line
00001440 CHANGE DOCUMENT: Field substitution header/line

Att,

Gabriel Coleti

andreamaral
Explorer
Oi, Gabriel!

Muito obrigado pela sugestão, a 00001430 me ajudou!
Labels in this area