Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alt7
Active Participant

INTRODUCTION

As we know, SAP has pre-delivered objects in LTMC, but there is master data or transactional data that does not yet have LTMC objects, such as service master. In this post, we will create a custom LTMC object for uploading the service master data (AC01) using LTMOM with standard BAPI.

Testing is done on S/4HANA 2021.

PREREQUISITES

Since S/4HANA 2020, SAP has deprecated LTMC using the web Dynpro version and moved to the Fiori app Migrate Your Data (F3473). If you are not familiar with the Migrate Your Data app or LTMOM, I recommend you to read these blogs:

How to Create New Custom LTMC Object using LTMOM

we will use Function Module BAPI_SERVICE_CREATE to create a Service Master custom LTMC object.

CREATE A NEW CUSTOM OBJECT

1. Go to T-Code LTMOM

2. Choose the project that you want to create a new custom object.

3. After choosing the project, click in the menu bar Project->Create Migration Object->User-Defined->Migrate Data Using Files/Staging Tables to create a new custom object

4. Enter the object ID and description and choose Function Module as the Target Structure, then click Next

5. Enter the name of Function Module, Return Parameter and TestRun parameter so that we can do the simulation before uploading the data, then click continue

CREATE SOURCE STRUCTURE

After successfully creating the new custom object, now we create a source structure.

6. Double click on the source structure at the left sidebar, right click on the source structure on the right sidebar, then choose Append Structure to Lower Level.

7. Enter the name of the source structure, then click continue

8. Click add field to enter the fields of the source structure, then click the save

9. You can also make certain fields to become mandatory by right click the structure and then choosing change view

STRUCTURE MAPPING

After creating the source structure, we map our source to the target structure.

10. Double click on the structure mapping on the left sidebar

11. Drag our source structure to the target structure

12. Drag our source structure to the target mapping field, then click the save

FIELD MAPPING

And the last step is field mapping our source structure to the target structure.

13. Double click the Field Mapping on the left sidebar.

14. Drag the source field to the target field just like we did in the previous step

15. Right click Single-Character Flag Number Range Check, then choose assign rule

16. Choose rule Move and enter parameter ‘X’ to assign a constant value to the field

17. Then click Save and then Generate

TESTING

1. Open Migrate Your Data app

2. Open your migration project

3. Our new custom migration object is automatically added to the project. Download the template

4. Complete the template data

5. Upload the template file

6. Click Prepare

7. After the preparation of the staging table is completed, you can click instance to check your data.

8. Choose Simulate, then click start simulation

9. If the simulation is successful, you can continue to migrate the data

10. The migration data is successfully executed.

CONCLUSION

If pre-delivered LTMC objects don’t yet support your migration data requirements, you can create custom objects using LTMOM with a standard or custom Function Module.

please feel free to provide the feedback.

Additional Reading:

Migrating Service Purchase Orders with S/4HANA Migration Cockpit by alexey.danshin2

9 Comments
afordham
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks, Hisyam.  Great blog!

Do you know how I can reuse custom templates in other projects?  I have created my custom template in my own project, but if I create a new project (e.g. for further testing), my template isn't in the list of allowed templates.

Thanks again, Andrew
alt7
Active Participant

Hi andrew.fordham , you can copy migration object from another project. please refer to this blog Quick tips. How to change Migration Cockpit Mass Transfer ID.

afordham
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks, Hisyam.  That's just what I needed.
former_member779808
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Everyone,

I have created Custom LTMC object using Standard FM (FTB_BUPA_DARK_MAINTAIN_INTERN), Created this Custom LTMC Object to migrate data for three tables (VTBSTC1,VTBSTA1,VTBSTA3) which is Standing Instructions and payment details tables for BP Customers.

It worked fine for first few set of records but when i try to run with new set of data(Basically 100recs for testing) LTMC shows transfer is successfull but records are not getting inserted into tables.

Do i need to adjust any parameter which i have missed while creating Custom LTMC object ?

Can someone help me on this requirement ?

Really Appreciate your help.

Thanks
thomas_altnickel
Explorer
0 Kudos
If it also possible to create a new custom object to change data.

For example with BAPI_EQUI_CHANGE or will only BAPI's for creation supported?

Thanks TA
afordham
Participant
0 Kudos
Although SAP stress in all their courses and literature that the Migration Cockpit should not be used for changing data, you can use any BAPI (or compatible function module) when creating a custom migration object.  I recently used BAPI_EQUI_CHANGE to modify a number of existing Equipment records and it works just fine.

Andrew
thomas_altnickel
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for sharing this. Can you provide morde details about the setup? Work it also with xml template or staging tables?

What solution is the recommendation from SAP? I do not found a tool for mass changes.

THX Thomas
thomas_altnickel
Explorer
0 Kudos
What did you set as simulation paramter? I did not found it on the BAPI_EQUI_CHANGE.

THX Thomas
0 Kudos
I have created a custom object using LTMOM to create BP Customer relationship. But when I am passing the data through LTMC template it is reading only 1st row and not moving on to the second row. It creates relationship only for the 1st record and again reads the 1st record in the file instead of moving to the 2nd record in the file. What might be the issue here ?
Labels in this area