Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fim
Active Contributor
Last Friday, finally I managed to take and pass the SAP Activate Project Manager certification exam. I’m happy for two reasons;

1. to have my previous qualification, i.e. SAP Associate Project Manager (C_PM_70), upgraded, and

2. to complete one of my professionals goals which I had set earlier at the start of the current year.

Now as I have received my certificate, I think I can help those who are interested in knowing the process of preparing for the exam and earning the SAP Activate Project Manager title. Here are the steps to pursue the qualification.

Ready, Set, Go

To start your learning journey, go to the SAP Training website and look for the course code C_ACTIVATE05. You’ll be directed to its certification link which you can use to see the “Topic Areas”, among other useful information, covered in the course.

When you open an individual topic area, you can see the relevant course code in addition to its description. In the case of SAP Activate, there are two courses i.e. ACT100 and ACT200.

Classroom Training

Look for the courses to know the learning goals.

The ACT100 course introduces the Activate, describes its key characteristics, and explains how it can facilitate customers with their journeys by guiding them with the ways to access relevant content.

The ACT200 introduces the Agile Implementation Techniques for SAP Projects and enables participants to differentiate it with typically-used waterfall approach.

Online Training

You can build foundation knowledge of the subject by attending the aforementioned courses. However, there’s an alternative option also available i.e. the SAP Learning Hub.

You can access the corresponding learning material from the Learning Content. And if you any question you can discuss it with other experts within the Learning Room.

Study Tips

The learning material, handbooks and other content, has to be read online. To benefit from the Lessons taught in different Units, pay particular attention to the Lesson Objectives. Don’t rush. If you feel something isn’t clear, re-read & discuss it with other experts, around you or in the Learning Rooms. You can ensure if/not your understanding was correct, by attempting the questions given at the end of all units. Another thing which may help you is by taking notes. Here’s an example of how I took notes.

The example above is notes on the "Introduction of SAP Activate".

Certification

To take the certification exam, you’ll need to subscribe to the SAP Certification Hub. Within the training.sap.com website, look for CER006 which provides the necessary details.

Once you have subscribed to the SAP Certification in the Cloud, you can book and take the exam at any time of your convenience. Once you have logged on to the SAP Certification Hub, you can find the necessary details by choosing View FAQ link.

The SAP Activate Project Manager certification, like many other exams, has 80 questions which you have to attend within 3 hours. The cut score for this certification is 68%. Once you finish the exam, you can see the Assessment Feedback. If you pass the exam, you can expect to receive the notification within 3-4 days of taking it.

Certificate

You can print the certificate through the SAP Credential Manager using the following path:

Manage Certifications > Printable Certificates > Print Now

If you face any problem in accessing the SAP Credential Manager.

Next steps

Don’t stop your learning journey and help others with the skills you have learned.
52 Comments
former_member22029
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Iqbal,

Thank you for posting this.very helpful.

Can you please provide any further details on format of the certification exam?

Regards,
Prashanth
fim
Active Contributor
Hi Prashanth,

Following link provides the details, such as the topics covered in the exam with weights, of the Activate certification.

https://training.sap.com/certification/c_activate05-sap-certified-associate---sap-activate-project-m...

In addition to the above, I have described the "how to learn the subject" at the following link which you may also find useful.

https://blogs.sap.com/2018/11/14/how-to-learn-and-use-sap-activate/

I hope the above answers your question.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member602197
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Iqbal,

Thanks for sharing information. I would like to know more about SAP Activate Project Manager certification. I am in IT infra domain without any SAP knowledge, will it be suitable for me? I do have PMP and CSM certification.

fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi,

Since the methodology, among other components of Activate, is meant for specific projects, from the implementation of and migration to the latest SAP solutions, the courses ACT100 and ACT200 help readers/trainees with understanding how a particular customer journey towards SAP Best-Practices Solutions can be successfully completed.

The roadmap viewer explains the topics, covered in the courses, in further details. Among the topics is also Technical Architecture and Infrastructure which you may find relevant to your experience.

Both of your earlier qualifications and experience can help you with preparing for and attaining the SAP Activate Project Manager Certification. However, you'll still need to study further to gain a better understanding of the subject. The qualification can help the SAP Project Managers as well as Consultants and others with contributing to the success of a project better.
former_member604687
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Faisal,

Thanks for sharing the information.

For SAP Activate Project Manager Certification, 2 areas need to be covered ACT100 & ACT200, please suggest which course to select from SAP Learning Hub(online) to over these topics & appear for exam.

Also if there are any practice exams to prepare for certification.

Thanks.
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi smriti21st

Following two e-books cover all the topics, to prepare for the certification.

• e-book ACT100_EN_Col05

• e-book ACT200_EN_Col11

Some sample questions are available at the following link:

https://cdn.training.sap.com/cdn/pdf/C_ACTIVATE05_SQ.pdf

In addition, the exercises at the end of the course units greatly help to ensure one has understood the concepts taught within the lessons.

And How to Learn and Use SAP Activate? provides the guidelines for continuous learning.

Hope the above resources help!

Regards,

Faisal
former_member604687
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Faisal,

Thanks for the response.

In the SAP Learning Hub, solution edition. there is Edition for SAP S/4HANA® Cloud, will purchase of this course cover the online content for ACT100_EN_Col05 & ACT200_EN_Col11. I did check the Learning Hub Catalog, but was not clear if it will cover these two topics for certification.Please suggest.

Classroom trainings are available for ACT100 & ACT200, but I'm looking for online material.

Thanks.
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Yes, both courses are available in the Learning Hub Edition you've referred. Please filter the course catalog with the course Titles (ACT100 and ACT200) provided in column D and look for the Edition for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (in column Y) which confirms the availability of the courses.
former_member604687
Discoverer
Thank You Faisal.
0 Kudos
Hi Iqbal.

Thanks for posting the details. It's relay very informative. 🙂

I have a few questions.

I have 8+ years ABAP development experience and I want to switch to SAP Project Management.

I don't have real time project management experience but I have lead/managed a team in my current project.

Am I eligible for SAP Activate Project Manager Certification?

If yes, by getting this certification, will it help me to get a Associate Project manager job ?

Best Regards,

Manoranjan
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Manoranjan,

Following blog may answer some of your questions:

https://blogs.sap.com/2014/02/15/transitioning-from-a-consulting-to-project-management-role/

Your earlier experience of managing one work stream i.e. development, may help you with managing wider scope of cross-functional work, however, you'll need to build some knowledge of how such work is managed. And the Activate does that job by explaining how different types of SAP projects could be handled.

So pursuing the qualification has its advantages. You can standout among others if an opportunity arises to lead and deliver a project.

Regards,

Faisal
Thanks Iqbal for the detailed explanation.

It's really helpful.

Regards,

Manoranjan

Hi Fasial,

Thanks for detail post explaining the benefits of SAP activate, I have completed SAP Activate Project manager Certification and SAP S/4 HANA 1610 implementation scenarios architect certifications. Can you let me know which certification can i take next which can really help boost my career as IT manager roles. Currently I have been working as  SAP IS-OIL& GAS Solution Architect for 14 years now specifically in Upstream solutions.

Best Regards,

Pinto
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Pinto,

Congratulations on earning the two certifications. Among many other trainings, which are suitable for your current and target role, is the Design Thinking. I've explained it at the following link:

Design Thinking Workshop, Qualification, and Practice

In addition to the qualifications you pursue, to be a better IT Manager, I'll also recommend you to explore the role & its responsibilities in detail. I've shared my thoughts at the following link:

As an Application Support Manager…

All the best 🙂

Faisal
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Manoranjan, Glad to know it's helpful 🙂
Hello faisal iqbal  and Hi All

Am working in SAP Since a decade and more
as SAPBASIS Consultant, Problem Manager,
Now a Change Planner from Many years .

Since rapid changes are occurring in hiring Trends,

I want to prepare and update my self for Future needs from SAP.

I would like to know Should I take up the C_ACTIVATE05 Certification ?

Is this going to help me ,

Am looking for answer here ,

I am really Confused 🙂

Also ,I would like to state that Last year I completed
C_PM_70 : )

Please comment here !!

Regards
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi vshastr

How to Stay relevant in times of rapid digitization is a challenge everyone is facing. Those who want to, are not relying on their old skills but are learning new.

Just as the businesses and the practices to run these successfully are changing, the IT Solutions and the approaches to implement them are changing as well.

The 4th generation of SAP Solutions is addressing the market needs, as I've mentioned in SAP S/4 HANA – FAQ Answered and it's supported by Activate.

Considering the facts, it's vital to upgrade the skills and the Skill Set a SAP Consultant need to have, to succeed include the Activate, along with Solution Manager (7.2).

Go for the new qualification, it'll be an addition to your profile 🙂
former_member649801
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Faisal Iqbal,

Thanks for the useful information provided on your post.

Would it be possible you to share "e-book ACT200_EN_Col11" with me to my email address: gulnar.ahmadova@gmail.com

I have got ACT100, but before taking the exam, I would like to read ACT200 as well.

I would be grateful if you could share this textbook with me.

Thanks,

Gulnar
jatin_kashyap
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Just  Managed to complete it successfully.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jatinkashyap/
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Good news. Many congratulations jatin_kashyap 🙂
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Both courses are available at SAP Learning Hub. You can also raise questions, and get answers, through Learning Rooms - explanation of which is provided at the link below:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/01/13/using-learning-rooms/
Hi Faisal,

I've couple of year s experience in IT infrastructure project management and looking to move on to SAP. Will such certification help me to get into SAP filed since i've already project management experience with certification.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Shivraj SIngh
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi shivsa0007

The course can prepare you with understanding the methodology, and approaches, followed at different types of SAP Projects as well as with getting to know the available tools and resources.

Adding such a skill, to your existing Project Management knowledge & experience, may also help you with understanding the difference between SAP and other IT projects.

However, there are other factors, too, beyond the course and its certification, which may impact on making the career transition successful, including the scope & budget of a project.

The more complex a project is, the more experienced Project Manager is required. On the other hand, for small projects, sometime even SAP Consultants are also required to manage implementation.

You may find more about transitioning to such role at the following link:

Transitioning from a Consulting to Project Management Role?

All the best!
former_member651173
Discoverer
Dear faisal.iqbal ,

Thanks for this valuable sharing.

I would request you to help sharing some knowledge about the suitability of SAP Activate Certification for SAP CRM Associate Certified Consultants.

Best Regards,

Sarabjit Suri
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Dear sarabjit.suri

SAP Activate is a valuable qualification and a good addition to any of SAP profile, from Consultants to Project Managers.

Please visit the following link which you may find useful:

SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Service Cloud Roadmap

Regards,

Faisal
Thanks for sharing such valuable information !.

Regards,

MirHadi.

Hello Faisal,

Greetings! Hope things are fine at your end.

I am preparing for SAP Activate certification "C_ACTIVATE05" - I was preparing with ebook ACT 100 and ACT 200.

But recently the e-book ACT100_EN_Col05 - has become obsolete and e-book ACT100_EN_Col12 - is latest release.

Will this impact the certification ? Should I prepare based on col 12?

Can you pls suggest?  Thanks a lot  in advance.

fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello ramesh.ananthaiah ,

The latest exam is C_ACTIVATE12 which is based on the content in the new book (ACT100_EN_Col12) as of the feedback I have received.

The C_ACTIVATE05 is based on ACT100_EN_Col05.

Please see the attached screenshot which compares both exams.

All the best!
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks mark.wagnor 🙂
Thank you Faisal for the response.

Hope this C_ACTIVATE05  certificate will be valid for few more years or it will be obsolete very soon?
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
ramesh.ananthaiah I think jan.musil - as a Product Owner, could confirm about the certificate's validity.
Hello Faisal, I got the answers from SDN that these certification does not expire they are for life time. Thank you so much.
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi ramesh.ananthaiah , Thanks for providing the update. All the best! 🙂
prateek_rathi
Hello Faisal,

Please clarify if we should only use ebook "ACT100_EN_Col12" for  "C_ACTIVATE12". If yes, then what about ebook ACT 200 ?
janmusil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
The certification is valid without limit. We do recommend practitioners to keep up to date on the changes in Activate methodology by following the blog posts here and joining the SAP Activate JAM at http://bit.ly/SAPActivate
0 Kudos
Hello faisal.iqbal Thank you for the blog it really helped me to clear my certification today.

#Stay safe #stay healthy.
fim
Active Contributor
Thanks jan.musil for the confirmation 🙂
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi ramesh.ananthaiah It's very good news. Congratulations for passing the exam 🙂
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi ramesh.ananthaiah, as you have recently taken the exam, can you please confirm if you noticed some changes in ACT200 too, as prateek.rathi has asked above? Thanks 🙂
fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In his latest blog, Studying SAP Activate and taking the SAP Certification in SAP Activate, colin.bailey has provided a comparison of C_ACTIVATE05 and C_ACTIVATE12.
0 Kudos
Nice Blog for people interested in SAP Activate Certification.

Do we have test paper/practice papers in parallel with books to practice post studying ACT 100, 200 books. That would be helpful.
clintonraju
Explorer
Is that certification download path changed? now i see only acclaim ? can you please comment?
clintonraju
Explorer

i have cleared my exam Activate 12 , thanks so much faisal.iqbal

fim
Active Contributor
Hi clintonraju

Thanks for the question.

ruthvik.chowdary2 has written a detailed blog on the topic at the following link which you may see to download your certificate:

SAP Certification Download from Acclaim

Please let me know if you have any other question.

All the best!
fim
Active Contributor
Congratulations clintonraju for the achievement!

It's a good addition to your professional profile 🙂
clintonraju
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for your kind wish
AhmedTohamy
Explorer
Hello, Could you please help with the correct answer? 

1-In Which phase does the Transition to Operations work stream start?

A-Explore B. Realize C. Deploy D. Prepare

2-Which estimation technique can be used to size the User Stories during Sprint Planning?

A-Detailed bottom-up effort estimate that breaks each User Story up into hours or shorter tasks

B-Product Owner's relative estimate of the effort that will be needed to implement the User Story

C-Relative estimate in Ideal Person Days that reflects the best estimate provided by the project team

D-Detailed bottom-up effort estimate by the Scrum Master in Story Points based on the User Story complexity
fim
Active Contributor
tohamy

To the best of my knowledge, the answers are as follow:

1 is C i.e. Deploy

2 is C i.e. Relative Estimation in Ideal Person Days.

I hope other experts can share their thoughts too.
AhmedTohamy
Explorer
Thank you Faisal
ucabazz
Active Participant
Hello tohamy , faisal.iqbal ,

I think for the first question the answer is Realize phase with Key Deliverable - Establish Support Plan. The question is when the work stream starts. In Deploy phase solution is actually handed over to Operations.

The second question I agree with the answer C - Relative Estimation in Ideal Person Days.

Regards,

Abay
Labels in this area