Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruthvik
Active Contributor
Dear SAP Friends,

Welcome to another interesting topic, in Analytical area.

In this blog will see how to design our own report Via Query Browser by using SAP delivered Analytical Queries

In 1809 standard Analytical Queries are 588 in 1909 number has increased to 753.

Introduction

The Query Browser is a Fiori application using which we can quickly and easily search, browse, and tag the analytical queries. This application displays all the analytical queries to which the user has access. We need to assign the Query Browser role to a user. (Fiori Role:- SAP_BR_EMPLOYEE)

1. Open Query Browser App

1. Select any Analytical Queries as per requirement which you wanted to develop a Report below are some of the Analytical Queries related to Manufacturing

• C_MFGORDCOMPEXCSCONSMPTQRY

• C_MFGORDEROPEXECDURNQRY

• C_MFGORDOPERATIONSCRAPQRY

1. Once you selected Analytical Queries in bottom click on open for Analysis, it will open in Design Studio

2. Based on the Query we selected the selection Parameters will vary select as per your requirement

3. Once opened in the left-hand side we can see 2 lines

• Dimensions

• Column + Rows

1. Which fields we want in the report we can simply drag and drop in either column or row.

2. I have added fields as shown below

8. As per the selection of fields will get the report

9. This report we can download to excel and change the graphical presentation

10. Above are the option to make report useful for presentation

Different type of chats

By using Action Icon in Query Bowser, Save as Tile we can directly send Mail or save as tile to save time

Directly if we select tile report will open no need to search for analytical query, drag and drop and all not required.

Also, we can choose in launchpad to which group this tile need to be added

Please share, Like and Comment anything else you want to share or add points.

Thanks & Regards

Ruthvik Chowdary

SME – S/4 HANA Manufacturing & Procurement

SAP Ariba P2P

30 Comments
former_member644912
Participant
Hi ruthvik.chowdary2

Really good explanation, keep sharing wonderful blogs like this in SAP Comunity.

I have a small question, as you have selected a single Analytical query and developed a report by drag and drop. can we use more than one analytical query to do same?

Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Lavanya,

Small correction I designed report as per requirement not developed ?

in query browser we can use only one analytical query and design report if you want to combine more then one analytical query and design report means we need to take help from ABAP / UI5 Consultants to develop it

Guess now you understood difference Design Vs Development
saikrishna_vallurupalli
Active Contributor
Hi Ruthvik,

Really fantastic explanation of step by step process. Thank you for sharing real useful contents. expecting more from you like this kind of topics.

Thanks

Sai Krishna
Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you Very Much saivallurupalli ? Sure will be keep sharing, Already few are in pipe line
vineet_gupta3
Participant
Hello Ruthvik,

Good blog. With SAC now embedded with S/4 HANA, will Query browser become redundant. Is there an advantage of using Query browser vs SAC?
jonsimmonds
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Ruthvik

Nice blog, thank you. We have been working on a query in the same way. However, our customer would like the ability to automate the running of this query and have it emailed out regularly. I assume that has to be a wrap around ABAP program to do that. Do you know how easy it is to call the query from within a program?

thanks

Jon
Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi jonsimmonds1

in order to address that functionality pushing out an email, we need to develop some programs with help of UI5 consultants or ABAP
deepak_sharma165
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Rutwik,

Is there any reason I am not  able to find SAP_BR_EMPLOYEE Role in my System?
Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Please check there is no space added before and after while adding role

This role is for on premises if your system is cloud role might be different
gerbiline
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Ruthvik,
I often read that there should be an option "Open in Design Studio" but it's not there. Hast this been removed or replaced by the OLAP tool of this blog?

Best regards,

Claudia
Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Once you select SAP Standard KPI It will automatically open in Design Studio only, there is no such option to manually select Open in Design Studio
former_member199448
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Ruthvik,

many thanks for sharing this info. A very nice blog.
Do we have the possibility to select additional fields after the report has been executed?
Is it possible to also add some drilldown functionalities?

Thanks

Pat
Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

patrick.yolabo this is a standard functionality of KPI's in query browser,

whatever is available that can be only done, if new options or futures required we need to develop new App

gerbiline
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

once I have saved a layout as tile - how can I adjust it, change the tile's description or delete it?

Best regards,

Claudia
Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Just Delete and recreate with new description
jduppalapati
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Ruthvik,

Blog is good, But it will not work for all views.  It only works for views which have Data category as query.

Thanks & Regards,

Jayadeep Uppalapati.

vamsilakshman_pendurti
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Ruthvik,

Nice blog, thank you for sharing the knowledge.

I have a small query.

As you explained in this blog, once we make the CDS View as a separate Tile from Query Browser then can't we store the same changes into separate TR so that we(as a Fiori Administrator) can apply the same changes for the end users as per their business requirement. So that they can directly interact with their requirement instead of finding CDS View in Query Browser App.

Thanks,

Vamsi

Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi jduppalapati

Only views which have data category will be only visible in Query Browser as KPI's
Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vamsilakshman.pendurti

We can keep changes as required and generate TR by saving as Variant with Public option so the same can be used by others as well.

vamsilakshman_pendurti
Active Participant

Hi Ruthvik,

Thanks for your input.

Then how to manage Catalog, Group and Role for the created Variant(Tile). Can we put the newly created tile under above process if so then could you please share the same. It would be great.

Thanks,

Vamsi

0 Kudos
Hi Ruthvik Chowdary,

Interesting BLOG!

I have done a lot in embedded analytics using query browser. But I have one question.  On the ROWS side, when we don't have data in the field then '#' is coming rather than blank.

is there any setting to remove # or any specific reason why # is coming instead of blank?

Cheers,

Himanshu Kawatra

Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

himanshukawatra.02,

It's a Standard option to show #, there is no possibility to change to blank.
Peter_Wohlfarth
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Rithvik,

A good document ! Do you have an idea where does the save as Query views are saved. Is there a possibility to extract these via RFC call?

Thanks in advance for your answer
A60032607-007
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello,

when I opening "Open for analyses" I'm getting an error. Does this could related to the role?

Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It will save in the home screen or we can decide where to save

I'm not sure about RFC call
Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Mostly that might be the reason however once make a check with your Administration team
former_member612978
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Ruthvik,

Nice blog.

But could you please let me know how to include this query as a tile in another custom catalog and custom group.

Thanks in advance.
former_member746427
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Ruthvik,

I tried saving it to TR however it's not appearing at catalog level. Can you please confirm if you have done this

Thanks

Smriti
Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

abhishek.ingole09

it's not possible to include this in to catalogue and group only the layout cant be made public and generate TR like we go in ECC for layouts and varient
Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
only TR can be generated not to catalog or group
Labels in this area