Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taranam
Contributor
We have created Situation Object, Situation Scenarios and Situation Template so far. Now using Fiori app 'Manage Situation Types -Extended' we can create Situation Types based on the Situation template. Once we create and enable Situation Type, situation instances get created as and when condition is met. Using Fiori app 'My Situations: Extended' ; we can monitor the instances of extended Situation Handling Framework . Let's get started:

1. Click on Create Situation Type in Fiori app 'Manage Situation Types: Extended' and fill in the details as below by selecting your Situation Scenario and Template from the drop down:

2. Now enable the Situation Type as shown below

3. Rest all is derived from Situation Template, and you can change the Batch Job                            Frequency/Recipients if required

4 . Once you have created Situation Type ; you can also click on Manage instances to monitor the situations

5. Click on Manage Instances - it will display the details of Situation instances triggered for the selected Situation Type

6. Once the Situation is triggered; you will find the same in your notifications as well in Fiori app 'My Situations -Extended'

Using this app , on the left side you can select the scenario for which you want to display the Situations that are shown in the right pane .Further

• You can get overview of all situations in your area of responsibility

• You can check the status of open Situations and the ones that have been assigned to processor

• Navigate to the Situation page to get more details on the Situation

Now click on Situation to navigate to the details - this is in line with what we had the configured in the Situation Scenarios app under List Page Layout

In Situation Page you have the options :

• Assign  to me - You can assign the situation to yourself

• Close Situation - When you close the situation, you can provide the feedback by choosing appropriate status ( Resolved/Obsolete/Invalid)

• Solution Proposals : This is where you chose one of the proposed actions to solve the situation

• Related apps  : To navigate to the related app that can help you solve the situation

7. You will also find the Situation occurred in your Notification

So, in these four-blog series we have done end to end configuration for triggering Custom Situations using Situation Handling -Extended Framework making use of SAP given demo CDS views. In coming days as we implement use cases for client, I will further share my learnings and experiences using this Extended Situation Framework.

This is a step towards implementing use cases for customers that can help in their day-to-day activities.

Regards
Taranam

1 Comment
DineshK
Active Participant
Thanks for sharing ; quite helpful
Labels in this area