Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitin_gupta10
Active Participant

When SAP S/4HANA Central Finance is planned to be implemented in organizations there are few points which needs to be considered as Central Finance Implementation is not a traditional ERP implementation where we follow the standard steps most of the times, usually it was ASAP methodology and now its activate. Additionally every system integrator also adds up their own ways of working including some accelerators and try to make things more specific by industry or segment of customers.

When it comes to Central Finance implementation, it is not that way. In this blog, we will only focus on the core of Central Finance, which is the load, & replication of data. Of Course during the journey in the program lot of other financial processes like Central Payments, Central Credit management etc. can be touched or changed.

What I have seen is that Initial Load is generally termed as Data Migration (of course it’s a migration of data from one system to other but not a typical data ,migration as we usually do in ERP implementation where we use ETL (Extract – Transform – Load) method and move the data from legacy to any other ERP.

Just a summary of what CFIN project IS and what CFIN project is NOT:

WHAT SAP S/4HANA CENTRAL FINANCE PROJECT IS:

WHAT SAP S/4HANA CENTRAL FINANCE PROJECT IS NOT:

This is all based on my personal experience as I have worked on several SAP Central Finance implementations and have worked with several customers, customer senior stakeholder, system integrators, consultants and partner organizations. It may or may not be similar to what other think or experience.

A lot more is there to share and will keep on sharing.
12 Comments
shankargb
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Nitin, Excellent intro Post on Central Finance. Do you plan to write any detailed book on Central Finance?
nitin_gupta10
Active Participant
Thanks Ganesh. Lot of content in posted here itself in terms of blogs.. no plan to write a dedicated CFiN book as of now...
shabari1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Nitin Sir,

Thank you so much.

Normally people look at us weird in IT field if we call them as Sir, I can simply say you deserve that.

The information you are posting is  very helpful for people who has not worked in implementations.
0 Kudos
Do you have a write up or have you carried out a Readiness Check or Scan for Central Finace for an organisation to support or justify their business case to proceed with CFIN or to abort CFIN?
nitin_gupta10
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hello

yes I have done that and assisted customers with their decision to implement or not to implement cfin.

don’t have a write up for this as it’s more about customer background and future vision which drives the strategy.

regards

Nitin
nitin_gupta10
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Not needed.. sharing of knowledge is always good
0 Kudos
Thanks for the prompt feedback. Is there a checklist or something one can use to engage with the customer, so that one can use that repeatedly? and maybe develop it into a solution / product "CFIN Readiness Scan / Check"
nitin_gupta10
Active Participant
Their is no checklist as such in paper but you can use my brain for now 😁…. and we can think to develop or envision something like this..
0 Kudos
Super! How do we kick off with that traject to develop ssomething? 😁
nitin_gupta10
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Message me on LinkedIn.. profile details are in my SAP Community profile..
0 Kudos
I can be reached on whatsapp via this number: +31617561403 for further discussions
0 Kudos
Great document. Thanks a lot sharing your Knowledge
Labels in this area