Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arghadipkar3013
Contributor
To all of My Fellow Friends who wants to Start a SAP Career.

First I would like to Tell you SAP can be compared to Engineering or Doctor Professions.
Why?
It is not possible for a single human being to know everything about SAP just like any Human cannot know All the different Disciplines of Engineering

Another question I get asked always.

Which SAP Module will Fetch me Job?

The module you love, and you enjoy will fetch you job. It is your choice and you have to decide. Some simple help in picking.

If you like Shopping, then take Supply Chain.

If you like Talking and making Friend take Sales and Distribution

If you like being Economic try Finance

If you are damn lazy like me take ABAP

If you like how things are manufactured pick Plant management.

If you are very Perfectionist Quality Management would be great

If you are the Boss take HR

If you love to Travel Concur is good

If you are always suspicious take Audit Control and Security

If you are the Safest person take BASIS.

If you are Driving always take Transportation Management

How can I learn HANA?

First thing pick your Module and Start learning. Remember SAP is very similar to Mathematics, the more you practice the better you become. You can have a lot of SAP certificates which is great in helping find a Job or Opening but at the End you need to deliver in the System so the more you spent time in the system the better it is,

Again in SAP for a single problem there can be multiple solutions. Now you will choose the optimal one based on the SAP Project.

Below is the Comparison.This does not mean Mechanical Engineering Student will have an edge in SAP Material Management, This is just a comparison.
1) Mechanical Compared to SAP Material Management
2) Electrical Compared to SAP FICO
3) Civil Compared to SAP SD(Sales and Distribution)
4) Computer Science and IT can be SAP ABAP
5) Agriculture can be SAP HR
6) Electronics compared to SAP CRM
7) Architecture can be SAP Supply Chain
8) Industrial to our Sap Basis and Security Team
9) Chemical to Our Work Management Module
10) Petroleum to our PP Module

SAP BASIS is the Administrative department with huge power and SAP Security is the Vigilance department.

Why I am saying this?
You have to pick one of them and it will take your whole life to learn 30-40% of that discipline. SAP is not at all complex as long as you can compare the process with Real Life Scenario 🙂

If I missed some Engineering Discipline please do not fight. Pick your Specialties and set sail

This website to get everything related to SAP. is

https://community.sap.com/

After you have picked one module start studying on this on a Regular Basis. Try to understand the Business Process. Please do not think too hard. Running a Company and running a house is very similar.. If you want to understand Procurement think about your holiday shopping which you did. Closing the books or General Ledger you should ask your Dad and Mom as they are the expert as they close the month every day penny to Penny ?

• SAP is just like any other subject the more you invest time on the more you learn

• Please do not jump around different modules. It is always easy to get distracted. Remember one thing, there is always demand for Expert no matter what field you work on.

• Once you start learning SAP plan to get a Certification. A certification may be necessary for a Fresher but remember one thing a Certification does not guarantee anything.

• I will recommend you all to get a SAP System to play with. SAP is just like Mathematics the more you practice the more you know.

• SAP changes everyday but the fundamental concept is the same.

• Please do not listen to just interviews and views . I recommend to believe in this Phrase ‘SHOW ME THE MONEY’ I have seen there are lots of concepts that is not really true. SAP Consultants assume a lot of things including me. I used to do it before and never use to verify in the system. Remember one thing People can misinterpret but SAP will never lie.

•  SAP can be treated like a religion and follow it.

• Sky is the Limit and trust me no one is an Expert and everyone is Learning.

• When you are learning please do not only Suck it Up but ask questions. I recommend to ask yourself question why SAP is doing like this and then you will understand it the best way. It is always good to ask Question but please do not ask questions like 2 + 2 <> 4?

Now for Friends who likes Coding Start learning ABAP. ABAP I think is one of the most interactive Programming Language I have worked with.

Remember below tips. When you are stuck in SAP Press

Enter

Double Click

Press F1

If the above tips do not help shout out to us and trust me someone will help. If you are confused on what to start with discuss with us and we can guide you.

31 Comments
singern
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Love it ? Very close to life advice with a nice potion of humour!
As I am new could you please share details about PM/PS module
former_member693252
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Sir I'm a fresher ...sir I'm not so strong with financial  so I'm not be able to join any classes .. I really want to  learn SAP since from 5 month I'm searching for online learning for SAP ... please help to gain more  knowledge  and learning supplementary ...?
lubarrera
Explorer
0 Kudos
Congrats on your blog. It is an example to follow when I am supposed to have understood that it is imperative to make self-reflection and balancing routines. I would add something else to your greatly crafted comparison. You have just talked about one product the ERP, in fact, SAP is a larger ecosystem of products and services under the same umbrella.S  even if you are pursuing a career that can somehow be compared to journalism you can get into SAP Enablement Now. If you disagree just let me know, we no need to argue. I insist, I loved your blog. Thanks for that
Hi Pooja,

Have a look into https://sapyard.com

BR,

Pratosh
arghadipkar3013
Contributor
Please check.

https://open.sap.com/

There are lots of videos in Youtube also
arghadipkar3013
Contributor
0 Kudos
I agree My friend.
arghadipkar3013
Contributor
0 Kudos
You are welcome My Friend
former_member693293
Discoverer
0 Kudos
I had already cleared SAP MM and S/4 HANA Procurement  certification exam with 81% and 75% respectively,  but facing difficulty to get interview calls. Please help me with some effective process to apply for job so that I get interview call and I get chance to convert that .
arghadipkar3013
Contributor
0 Kudos
I think you will get your chance for sure but remember when you get it they will 90% of the time will ask something related to the SAP System hence practicing in SAP system is the most important. Career and your Certificate marks are 2 different stuff that may not be similar, One thing for sure the more knowledge you have the better the chance.
leandroayala
Discoverer
0 Kudos
How I start learning ABAP? Materials, sites, sandbox...
arghadipkar3013
Contributor
0 Kudos
You can check

open.sap.com

You can connect with me and I can help and you can learn from scn.sap.com

https://www.linkedin.com/in/arghadip-kar-23590532

yaripirala
Explorer
0 Kudos
Good one...

I like the below sentence:

"SAP is not at all complex as long as you can compare the process with Real Life Scenario"
MohanV
Explorer
0 Kudos
Well, SAP is Business application, as business evolve, SAP helps in continuous evolution.

Practice is constant for any engineering or software or ERP consultant. Business knowledge helps in providing continuous innovative way of working for business in catering to the needs of business
MohanV
Explorer
0 Kudos
SAP is designed for real business scenario and accomodates for quickly aligning business flow to meet the needs of business. In automating, analytics and more
former_member693492
Discoverer
Arghadip, you nailed it!!! I make the "expert" point almost every day... There's no such thing as an SAP expert... SAP is a very long "train" of train-cars for every business solution imaginable... SAP and it's partners add new train-cars every day and we're all chasing this SAP train down the tracks as fast as we can, just trying to keep up...

SAP is a wonderful "Ocean" of learning, excitement, and opportunity...

You can't learn how to ride a bike by reading about how to ride a bike... You just have to jump in with both feet, ask questions, follow your passion, and take Arghadip's advice, "Practice!"...

... and one more tip to remember about all things SAP - Google search is your friend!
arghadipkar3013
Contributor
You nailed it my friend. The Train cars are perfect. You need balance and you are travelling and venturing different space everyday every moment.

Lets be honest we spent 30% time googling 🙂

Searching can be a skill and also patience 🙂
0 Kudos
Nice piece. A bit of humour blended with reality check, comprehendable at readers' will only.
el_handous
Participant

Very nice and instructive article that I would recommend for every SAP Fresh Consultants!

However, I got a confusion when I started working as a consultant which, I think, you missed : SAP has +3500 solutions in fact, and SAP ERP is one of these solutions. SAP has, inter alia, solutions for CRM (yes, I am not talking about the module here), MES solutions for the shopfloor and even solutions for sports!

And remember that Google is your friend, but SAP community will be your dearest friend.
suresh15
Explorer
Inspiring, eye opener
jranganathan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Nice article. thank you
Patrick_vN
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks for the blog. I raised some eyebrows at the beginning, but smiled near the end. So good job I guess!
arghadipkar3013
Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks a lot 🙂
Pavithrra
Participant
0 Kudos
very good article... Truly said
arghadipkar3013
Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks a Lot
former_member737869
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip,

I am curious to know if someone can directly take up the CO module without going through the  FICO route - of course, I understand that some amount of preliminary FI knowledge would be required. But, for a sufficiently motivated individual, is directly going for SAP CO doable? Thanks!

arghadipkar3013
Contributor
0 Kudos
As as I know you have to know the Integration piece of Finance to Controlling. You can check with my friend

197f0f77709544a3bdebe98a55f527bb

Thanks

Arghadip
former_member737869
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Great, Thanks. Please let me know your opinion on whether CO by itself has sufficient 'demand' in the market, so that a CO consultant can stand firmly on his own steam? (By the way, still waiting for a response from Marssel ..hence, following up with you).

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Hello Sir, I really like the way to explained.

I am a BSc. IT grad(Batch 2020) I also did some consultation with SAP institutions, most of them advised me to go with ABAP module. But, honestly, my programming skills, logical skills aren't that good.

I was looking forward for going with functional module, SAP MM. But, now I'm stuck cuz most of the MNCs hire ABAP freshers with less exp and not MM.

Also, what are your views when it comes to MM vs ABAP?
0 Kudos
I really liked your article. I could get some clarity, but could you help me in one thing.

I will be completing Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in a few months and I want to pursue Masters in Supply Chain Management in Germany. Could you please recommend a module for me to get a direction towards SCM?

Thanks in advance!
Hemant
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Pooja,

You can also access https://microlearning.opensap.com/ and can start learning from SAP referred authentic videos.

Best regards,

Hemant
Labels in this area