Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member

User Manual for Transporting SAP Query

Step1:

Copy Usergroup from Global Area to Standard Area:

Step 2: Copy Infoset from Global Area to Standard Area

Step 3: Copy Infoset and queries from Global Area to Standard Area

Step 4: Use the standard program ‘RSAQR3TR’ – SAP Transport tool.

Choose “Export” option and “Transport User Groups”

Now the Query usergroup ‘ZHRUSER’ is  captured in the above transport request – AG2K906054.

Step 5: Use the standard program ‘RSAQR3TR’ – SAP Transport tool.

Choose “Export” option and “Transport Infosets and queries”

Now the SAP queries are captured in the above transport request – AG2K906049

Step 6: Once the above transport request is released and transported follow the same procedure in the target client, but now this time with “Import” radio button selected.

(6a) Firstly, Import User Group with the relevant TR no. as given below:

(6b) Secondly, Import Infosets and Queries with the relevant TR no. as given below:

********************************************************The END************************************************************

8 Comments
former_member182465
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nice one Barath.

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Jaya. If we need to transport Query from Dev server to QA server, then is it required to run the program? (i.e, do EXPORT and IMPORT)

Or it is required when we transport Query to other client in same server. Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

We run for transporting from the DEV - QA & QA to PRD

Thanks & Regards,

Jayabarath. K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nice Blog

Regards,

Anand

rehab_galaa
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Many thanks, it is really too useful
Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
Today, in 2023, this blog post seems non-sense to me.

Why is this program still recommended, why using manual transport?

Instead, keep all SAP Query objects in the global area (transfer from the standard area if needed), and any modification will go automatically in a transport request.

rehab.galaa for your information.
mikesevilla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Greetings! ^_^
I'm curious about your response. I would like to verify my understanding here.
Do you propose to create transport and just include the necessary objects like below (then release and import to next system as usual) instead of doing the steps mentioned in this blog post.

R3TR AQSG ZINFOSETSAMPLE
R3TR AQQU ZUGSAMPLE ZQUERYSAMPLE

would appreciate your feedback. I'm trying to do some support now to transport the, you know, "old" query program 🙂 Thank you.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Are you asking confirmation whether after the actions I have described, the R3TR transport entries you mentioned would be added automatically? Yes. AQSG, AQQU, and more (depends on what you transport).
Labels in this area