Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Narasimha
Active Contributor
The purpose of this blog post is to explain how to upload PIR in Maintain PIR Fiori app using the upload through Excel/CSV feature.

Step 1- Access the Fiori app- Maintain PIR.

Step 2- Assign yourself with an area of responsibility (AOR). The AOR is a combination of plant and MRP controllers. You can maintain this through app settings of Maintain PIR or My area of responsibility -Fiori app.

Step 3 - Access maintain PIR Fiori app and filter your materials as per various selection criteria .

You have the option to filter by Materials/Active version/Last modified date etc. Compare it with MD63 if you plan to change PIR for a material. Observe "Reach" is based on the number of periods for which data exists. If no data is maintained, the reach attribute will show zero.

Step 4 - Click Edit(1) button. The (X) depends on how many materials you want to edit/create PIRs. In the above example, I have chosen 1 material; hence it is showing Edit(1)

Step 5- Click the Excel download button, as highlighted below.

You can see that , CSV file with name Material_Details gets downloaded. This is is your input format. Even though you have downloaded just for a material, you can add more materials in the input file.

Step 6- Data before load in Fiori

Step 7 - Click upload and edit button to upload edited CSV file

Step 8-   After CSV file is uploaded, you will see CSV data (editable) in Fiori app. You can change and save

Step 9: You will get a success message if the data uploaded has no errors.

Step 10: Few important things to troubleshoot

1- If data is numeric , convert it to text in CSV.

2- Ensure to map MRP controller in your settings and material master is having MRP controllers for which you have AOR mapped.

Do give feedback if you faced any issues in CSV upload.

37 Comments
Good explanation, however a  blog exits 
former_member811987
Participant
Useful feature by SAP
former_member807425
Participant
Can you explain how accuracy is calculated?
I guess , if the PIR is not consumed, it would show accuracy accordingly

Does it support excel ? Or .txt file ?
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Only csv
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Not yet explored
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Avkash
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Oh , I saw this late. Too late for now. But I guess, blog has few new points
Suresh_Eswaran
Participant
Hello sir bhatnp1

Really it's a very useful info, thank you. I also observed the accuracy% there.

Actually one of my client is asking for forecast efficiency report, so can I able to consider this accuracy % as a forecast efficiency%??

Your feedback will help a lot. Thanks once again.
former_member820002
Participant
short and sweet, looking forward to blog on accuracy of PIR
former_member811373
Participant
Will this work if my input is in Weeks?

This App is not showing all materials. I have 10 Finished goods with exactly the same MRP data, but only 6 are showing in this app. Could you please help me?

Yes, my client is also looking for this. But accuracy calculation is not simple (Especially because they can spill over to next month due to MRP tab settings and you will get 100% accurate forecast where as for that month it may not have been)
Narasimha, I am not getting weekly periods, any troubleshooting tips ?
I also have issues on period. I want to edit proposed period in PIR and I want to update forecast for some materials on Days. I am yet to explore the app, hope it will allow?
former_member807425
Participant
Check material master -period.
former_member807425
Participant
Deepa, from app documentation, it looks like , whatever period you maintain in material master, that would be enabled in this app
former_member807425
Participant
Check material master period settings. I just learned
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Sure
Suresh_Eswaran
Participant
In Material master-MRP3 view, change the period Indicator as weekly.
Suresh_Eswaran
Participant
Could you please advise, is there any other ways to get the forecast efficiency?
former_member807425
Participant
Yes, Suresh, but Day wise, the app is not supporting it.
former_member43157
Participant
This is deprecated Poorvi, but its documentation is good to calculate the accuracy

suresh.eswaran :Even I was exploring. But looks like, accuracy is working as expected. Check this link 

According to F1 help, the 'Accuracy - Current Period' field is calculated according to the following information:

Definition

Provides information on the accuracy of your planned independent requirements (PIRs) as a percentage.

Use

You can use this information to determine how accurate your forecasts (PIRs) are. If the PIRs match actual demand, the accuracy is 100%. If the PIRs are less than actual demand, the accuracy is below 100%. On the other hand, if the PIRs are greater than actual demand, the accuracy is above 100%.

Note

The planned independent requirement quantity of the current period is only considered in proportion to the number of workdays that have passed in the current period. See example 3 below.

Depending on a material’s forecast period indicator, you can display the accuracy of the forecast for the current period, for the last week or the last month, for example.

A filter option is also available on the Accuracy - Current Period. For example, you can filter for materials for which the forecast was fairly accurate (between 90% and 110%), or you can filter for materials for which the accuracy of the forecast was poor (Less Than 50% or Greater Than 125%). This means you can quickly determine the materials for which you need to update the forecast.

Example

The formula used to calculate the accuracy for all periods other than the current period is: Accuracy = PIRs/Actual Demand * 100

Example 1

PIRs = 100 and Actual demand = 150

Accuracy = 100/150 * 100

Accuracy = 66%

Example 2

PIRs = 100 and Actual demand = 80

Accuracy = 100/80 * 100

Accuracy = 125%

The formula used to calculate the accuracy for the current period is: Accuracy = (PIRs * (Number of Workdays Passed in Period / Total Number of Workdays in Period)) / Actual Demand * 100

Example 3

PIRs = 100

Actual demand = 50

Half of the period has passed. For example, it is the 15th of the month.

Accuracy = (100 * (15/30)) / 50 * 100

Accuracy = 100%

Great. So this can be used as an accuracy report too
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Very helpful
Suresh_Eswaran
Participant
0 Kudos
Yes!!
former_member811987
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for this
former_member811987
Participant
It doesn't work for Days
Good content. Can you explain the logic behind proposed PIR in the maintain PIR app?

mustaqil
0 Kudos
thanks good job
heiselars
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information! I run into an error "The uploaded file is not in the correct format. Upload the correct CSV file." This is also when I just download and directly upload it, without changes. It only occurs when using the weekly. The monthly works just fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Lastupido
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello @heiselars ,

i have the same problem. Did you get an answer or a solution?

Best regards

Uzunski
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, this problem with correct CSV file is caused by this Leap year - 2024. And all you need is to correct the downloaded CSV file. Delete last column with Wxx.2025 and add W53.2024 right after 52th week.

Error location:

"i2d/pp/ppfcdmpir/manages1/Component-preload.js"

Lastupido
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello @Uzunski !

Thank you that helped! 

Labels in this area