Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
payellakhotia
Participant
Dear All ,

I am working on S4HANA Cloud Implementation Project for Procurement area . During my Implementation experience I came across the requirement to create a report that will have Purchase Order Header , Line item details as well as the Invoicing details. There were no standard reports to give me this details . Hence I used the custom CDS views and created Analytical Query to build the report .

This article will provide you the step by step guide how to create custom CDS Views and analytical Query in S4HANA CLOUD

Step 1: Go to the App Custom CDS view

Click on Create and fill in the below details .Note only when the Scenario is Analytical Cube you can use the CDS view to create an analytical Query from it.

Step 2: Add data sources

Click on Primary Data Source and select

I_PurchaseOrderAPI01

Now select the Associated Data Source

Step 3: Add join condition

Select Cardinality and click on Add to choose the field for association

In the value select on help and add the same field from the primary data source . In our case it is the purchase order.

Similarly click on the join condition for third data source

I_SuplrInvcItemPurOrdRefAPI01

Step 4: Go to Tab Elements to select the field you require

Click on Add  Elements to Add the fields

The 3 data sources appear .

Select on the field you want from the 3 data sources

Below are the selected field

Step 5 : Click on the next tab element properties

Scroll to the bottom , for the field Net Amount add an aggregation method. Please note for the fields with the type measure it is necessary to define the aggregation method.

Click no operation

Now you can preview to check

You can then click on Publish to use this CDS View for query.

Creating a query using the CDS view.

Step 1: Go to the app custom analytical queries

Click on create and in Data source use the CDS view that we have created.

Step 2: Click on Field selection

Select all the fields you want in your query.

Step 3:   Click on save draft and select the Preview button in the bottom

Step 4: Go to navigation panel and select the fields whether you want them in Row axis or column axis.

This is how the final query looks like

To conclude , above steps were an example using the Procurement CDS Views , you can take any CDS view from your respective module and then try to create your own query out of it .

Thanks

Payel Lakhotia
17 Comments
junaidalam
Advisor
Advisor
Thanks Payel for the Blog. Very Useful information.

Junaid
payellakhotia
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks a lot for the motivation to write the blog .
former_member290040
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you Payel for sharing knowledge
payellakhotia
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Shailesh.
Dimpu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Payel, the blog is very informative.

payellakhotia
Participant
0 Kudos
Glad that you liked it.
vtr1cob
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Payel,

Very informative.

I just started working on S4Hana Analytics and SAC Analytics.

I was looking for some step to find out the link between CDS views, the corresponding Data source, the basic S/4 Hana table and what are the reports/KPIs provided by SAP using one CDS view.

Taking your example, I_PurchaseOrderAPI01 , what are the reports, or other CDS views or queries using this CDS view. simply, where used list.

Also, please can you share the info on the difference or meaning of different CDS views

A_* , I_* , C_*  E* and AP* etc.

regards

VTR
vtr1cob
Participant
0 Kudos
payellakhotia ,

Hello Payel,

Hope you have not seen my previous comment.

I am trying to see what are the standard reports/ CDS view and queries.

1. Can we change the sequence of the fields in the standard reports?

2. Can we add some new field ( which is there in the CDS view ) to the report?

3. How to find reports based on on given CDS view or CDS views based on table, say, ACDOCA

Thanks in advance

regards,

Viswanathan T R
Hey Vishwanathan,

For ACDOCA table, the Standard CDS View is I_GLAcctBalanceCube and the Standard Query is 2CCFITRIALBALQ0001.

The query is based on CDS view C_Trialbalanceq0001. You can extend the fields in the CDS view using eclipse.

If you want to extend the fields in the ACDOCA table, you can do it using "Custom Fields and Logic" Application on Fiori.
pooja_gupta02
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Payel, for the informative blog, but one question Navigation Panel/ Sorting/Filters etc button are not visible when i preview the query, any idea what can be the issue?

panel missing

option marked in yellow above is not visible in my system

Thanks

Pooja
ivan_k_
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Payel Lakhotia,

first of all thank you for your sharing your knowledge.

I have a question for step 2 and step 3.
How do you find the right Data Sources you need for your case?

When I work with queries i only need the right table to find and identify my fields.

With CDS Views this is not so easy.. Do I really need to go through all results for my search option?

Or is there an easier way to find the right fields i want to display

I am pleased and thank you for your feedback

BR

Ivan

Ranendra
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello payellakhotia

Can we also create Custom CDS Views for SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) Reporting? If yes what are the steps can you please let me know.

Thanks

Ranendra
AEG
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi payellakhotia

very nice documentation! But on my side i can only see the tile of Custom Analytical Query but not of the Custom CDS View.

do you have idea what its needed ?

thanks a lot.

Kindr regads

Adrian
JTR
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello ivan.k.

Do identify the right CDS Views available and released and subsequently identify if such CDS View includes the fields you need to build a Custom CDS View, you can use API Business HUB which includes a section where you can search for such publicly available and released CDS Views.

Below you see one example searching for CDS Views released for Product object in S4 Public Cloud version.

API Business HUB CDS View

If one clicks in one of them, it provides information about each CDS View such as Object Type, Status and Fields included.

Example CDS View Page

Scrolling down, you will see the information about which fields are included in this CDS View.

List of Fields included in CDS View

Additionally, one can also investigate and assess which CDS Views are available for each particular area on HELP.SAP.COM.

In each CDS View page, above "Release" section, one can click on "Learn more about Product" for this particular case and leads you to help.sap.com where this can be assessed and together with other CDS Views fitting the particular scenario/area of S/4HANA Public Cloud.

The generic page is also available here.

One final place where one can investigate CDS Views available is via S/4HANA Public Cloud directly, either using Fiori App "Manage Customer Data Browser" or "View Browser".

All CDS Views can already be displayed with data from respective tenant and check the fields available.

Manage Customer Data Browser App

View Browser app

Hope this information helps.

Tiago Ribeiro

sven_richter
Discoverer
0 Kudos

if you don't find the app, search for it in the Launchpad using the top right Fiori search.

Search for Custom CDS View App

Rayapati
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Payel,

Regarding the data sources in Custom CDS Views app, Is there any way we can access custom views created from eclipse.

If not then how can we achieve F4 help for the custom fields added to the standard views from the extend view through eclipse.

Thankyou.

RahulJain09
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Payal,

Great Blog!!
I have created one custom analytical report and its working fine.

Can you please tell me how to get F4 help for filter fields as shown below.

Note these are standard fields only.

RahulJain09_0-1709732681019.png

Thanks,

Rahul.

@payellakhotia @JTR @sven_richter