Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jensen
Employee
Employee
The migration cockpit is designed for the migration process. It is not designed for a perpetual loading of data.

Nevertheless, especially during test migrations or when migrating parts of data within a phased approach (e.g. already load some master data before the go-live on the weekend), repeated selection might make sense.

• Add new items? Just repeat the selection.

When repeating the selection, the MC checks if the key of the instance read in the source system already exists in the MC. If yes, it does not add the new item, if no, it adds the item in the MC.

• Stop processing single items? Use the “exclude” function in the migration cockpit (in the SAP Fiori app, Migration Object screen).

• Update items (because data changed in the source)? You have to first delete the selected records, then start selection again.

In 1909, the deletion function has not yet been implemented in SAP Fiori but does exist in the back end. You can execute report CNV_PE_MC_DEL_ITEMS in the S/4HANA system when being logged on using SAP GUI. SAP Note 2857598 explains the same.

You can also use the report to just delete the selection or to delete parts of the selected items by using the “free selection” function of the report. The free selection offers the possibility for a specified deletion! It offers the standard select option dialog for each field of the source table.

Pls. note that you can only delete items which have not yet been migrated to the S/4HANA target system! In release 2020, we have added this possibility especially for the reason that you want to repeat migrations several times during tests.

Execute report CNV_PE_MC_DEL_ITEMS:

Free selection options:

9 Comments
0 Kudos
For more information about SAP Data Management and Landscape Transformation (DMLT) see this page https://www.sap.com/services/implementation/data-mgmt-landscape-transformation.html or read the solution brief and the SAPPI Success Story. You can contact the global SAP DMLT team by email sap_dmlt_gce@sap.com. They provides services for Selective Data Transition, New Implementation and System Conversion that can also be delivered remotely.
HaraldF
Explorer
0 Kudos
Is this approach still valid? I'm on an 2021 SP01 environment and the report doesn't select any items.

kind regards,

Harald
Jensen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Harald,

do you mean you execute report CNV_PE_MC_DEL_ITEMS and it does not select items?

Basically, in 2021 you do not need to delete them manually, because if you just press again "select" in fiori, the system asks you if you want to delete the formerly selected ones.

But if you want to delete them dedicatedly, the report CNV_PE_MC_DEL_ITEMS is still there and should work.

Could you share some details or even better create a ticket on component CA-LT-PE-BAS?

Best regards,

Heike

HaraldF
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for the quick reply Heike!

I intended to delete them manually via the report because for some reason I got objects selected which should not be there anymore due to changed the selection criteria.

CNV_PE_MC_DEL_ITEMS does not select anything at all. I will open a ticket.

However, I have also another question concerning selections. I would appreciate your help since I couldn't find any documentation/information on this.

I want to modify the selection of a complex type (KNB1_TEXT in Object S4_SD_Customer_Master) which is done via selection logic (Include CNV_OT_APPL_PE_S4_ASEL_COM_TXT). Is there a BaDI I can implement on the source system to modify the selected data? CNV_OR_OBT_PRESEL_BADI does not get the selected data and I do not want to modify the include on the source system.

Danke für deine Hilfe!

kind regards,

Harald
Jensen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Hello Harald,

with release 2021 we released a BAdI for selection. Pls. see our DevNews slide deck 2021, slide 31.

KBA 3092921 describes how to use it.

Pls. also visit our landing page, section training & education. You find there a lot of material for MC & LTMOM.

Best regards (gerne),

Heike
HaraldF
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Heike! However, thats the BAdI I already implemented. It doesn't get the data I need. From what I've seen in the debugger, this BAdI can only process "normal" tables... in that case KNA1, KNB1, ADRC... not data selected via selection logic like KNB1_TEXT.
Jensen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Hello Harald,

could you pls. write an email to this address sap_s4hana_migration_cockpit@sap.com

and put in the link to this blog. Pls. state that the mail shall be forwarded to me. You are right, however this goes now into the deep dive consulting direction so I would not like to answer in the blog.

Best regards,

Heike
MJ_DG
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Heike,

we use Direct Transfer method Release 2021 latest.

Do I have to run the report CNV_PE_MC_EXECUTE_TASKS in the dev system  every time after changing the object? Before the transport to the quality system I got the message in LTMOM,  that i have open tasks even tough i run this report and it was succesfully

Do I need to do it in quality system after transport again?

Best regards

Magdalena
Jensen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Hello Magdalena,

when you execute one of the actions: select, simulate or migrate, these system tasks are executed automatically.

So this means: as you do probably not execute one of these actions in the DEV system, you have to run the mentioned report.

In Q & Prod you don't have to do it as you will execute one of the 3 actions which trigger it automatically.

Best regards,
Heike