Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
Update 2023/10/04: Please check out the 2 new blogs about Process Navigator latest news

https://blogs.sap.com/2023/09/05/sap-signavio-process-navigator-whats-new/

https://blogs.sap.com/2023/10/03/sap-signavio-process-navigator-solution-scenario/

Update 2023/06/28: Due to issues when trying to download assets by partners who have been using the 'Partner Self-Registration' process on the Partner Portal in past we've released the following KBA https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3347013.

Update 2023/05/24: Due to various access issues we've just release the following knowledge base article as workaround. https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3337325 . Our IT department is fixing those issues in parallel.

Update 2023/05/05: Please also see my blog about our streamlined strategy within the Signavio product family

Dear all,

in a previous blog post where I discussed the deprecation of SAP Best Practices Explorer, I assured you that I would provide you with the latest information on SAP Best Practices and alternative ways to navigate SAP’s solution processes.

Today marks the launch of Process Navigator by SAP, which is now available as an initial version. Process Navigator is built on the Enterprise Architecture methodology data model. This new service can be accessed via SAP for Me.

Process Navigator by SAP is...

• a cloud native service providing insights into SAP’s process portfolio following a business and solution process-centric data model and design.

• delivering process models, process documentation, process related implementation accelerators, country and industry specific implementation scope.

• providing process related context data such as solution components, roles, integration automation information, applications along process flows and supported solution capabilities.

• a tailormade service to help businesses “implement simple” in all deployment types, public and private cloud, on-premise or hybrid scenarios.

• providing a lightweight consumer grade usability with SAP Fiori, on any device, with in-app search and filtering options enabling access to SAP’s process portfolio at any point in time.

To find the tile for Process Navigator, please go to ‘Services & Support’ in 'SAP for Me', and then select ‘Application Lifecycle Management.’ Please note that accessing Process Navigator requires you to authenticate yourself using a registered SAP User account through 'SAP for Me'.

In addition, the direct link to Process Navigator is https://me.sap.com/processnavigator.

How do Process Navigator, Cloud ALM, Digital Discovery Assessment and Signavio Process Explorer work together?

• Process Navigator is our new lightweight service with quick and easy access to solution scenarios and solution processes to support the discovery phase and project planning

• Digital Discovery Assessment is your pre-qualification experience on the journey to qualify your solution scope and get your offer prepared. Digital Discovery Assessment is linking into the process details in Process Navigator.

• Cloud ALM is our application lifecycle management solution to support all aspects of the implementation and run lifecycle, project definition and setup, fit-to-standard workshops and capturing of your requirements to safely guide you through the implementation and later on support you to operate your solution

• Signavio Process Explorer as one entry point into the rich world of Signavio, including process metrics to measure and benchmark work, process mining and analytics, and much, much more.

Since the SAP Activate lifecycle involves varying levels of detail across different phases, there cannot be a universal solution that fits all scenarios. Nevertheless, the solution processes offered by these services exhibit a significant degree of overlap and are shared from the same source.

Please find out more about Process Navigator in this presentation.

I’ve been asked numerous times whether SAP Best Practices will remain available, and the answer is a resounding ‘yes.’ In fact, we’re increasing our investments and efforts in this area. Any new scenario for SAP Best Practices will be accessible via Process Navigator, as well as through all other relevant services.
77 Comments
mike_y
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you!

One quick thing, I noticed only 2022 is available in the drop down for "SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA". Will other versions beside 2022 be added in future?

Elaboration: 

The "target release" drop down here only has 2022. 

https://me.sap.com/processnavigator/SolutionScenario

HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Michael,

'SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA, release version 2023' will be made available in October. More details will follow.

Best regards

Holger
mike_y
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you. Any word on previous releases, such as 1909?
janmusil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Congratulations, Holger & team for launching this new environment to access the business process content from SAP. Can't wait to work this new site into SAP Activate guidance for our customers!
kargman624
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thanks for sharing.  Will this be publicly-available like SAP Best Practices Explorer, or since this is accessed within SAP for Me, it will require an S-user?
Igor_Bly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Congrats Holger and Thanks!

Are you planning to provide an option to drill down from the process to the underlaying solution and where meaningful to the executable transaction or app?
hannes-mostert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can I assume the 'lightweight' service processes is what can be fed into Signavio for further fine tuning down the line?
Assuming these can now be deployed (read imported to Signavio) as the BP when you start out?
Interested to know the workings between this and traditional Solution Manager's source for BP's, because 'On-Prem' is not disappearing anytime soon and Cloud ALM is not quite Sol Man either.

HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello David,

access will be given through SAP for Me, a S- or P-user is required.

Best regards

Holger
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Michael,

older versions will be made available through a download link to the SAP Best Practices package on SWDC. Currently they are still accessible in SAP Best Practices Explorer.

Best regards

Holger
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Igor,

yes, this is on the roadmap.

Best regards

Holger
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Hannes,

yes, exactly. As mentioned Process Navigator is only exposing implementation relevant information. There're no possibilities for graphical modeling, the definition of process performance indicators, for measurement of performance, for deep data mining.

All these rich features and many more all only available through our Signavio product suite, where the content is available as well.

Regarding the Solution Manager I would need to refer you to my colleagues owning this area.

Best regards

Holger
ThomasHiesener
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Holger,

unfortunately the navigation is totally different from the beta phase. I was invited as tester and that time it was useful.

Questions:

1. There is no more connection to SOLMAN and download basket?

2. What means target release 2202, 2211, 2302?
    The naming convention is different from onperm?

3. There is no more filter for cloud and onperm?

Many Thanks

Thomas
josef_minde_spv
Explorer
In Best Practice Explorer it was possible to display the processes in other languages and also to download some of the resources in other languages (e.g. test scripts). This was quite useful.

Currently the Process Navigator itself is displayed in German language, when my browser language is German, but all process related content is displayed in English only and I did not find a way to switch the language.

Is it planned to offer other languages in Process Navigator?

(btw. translations would be useful for the best practice contents for Solution Manager as well)
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Josef,

this is on our roadmap, yes. But as you rightfully say, it's not available yet.

Best regards

Holger
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Thomas,

yes, we might have change some navigation patterns due to massive user research we did over the past month. The target releases are indeed different, based on the decision of the respective solution scenario owners. As you can see certain solutions do follow their own release strategy and consequently have an own release pattern.

It's a good finding regarding the mixture of public cloud and on-premise/private cloud processes without providing a respective filter. I'll add this to our backlog.

Regarding the Solution Manager I would need to direct you to my colleagues.

Best regards

Holger
i520
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Steffens, thanks for the great blog post, is it possible to drill down the best practice scope items by LOB ?
VctorEcheverri
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos
Hi Holger,

Very useful this information!
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Farid,

as you might realize the concept of scope items is only reflected in the way we've migrated SAP Best Practices packages. On Process Navigator we've implemented a process driven data model, and have decided to migrated scope items as individual solution processes.

For those solution scenarios where solution capabilities are assigned on the level of solution processes/solution process flows, you can toggle the view in Process Navigator accordingly. You can toggle between a flat list of solution process or a hierarchy along Lines of Business / Business Area.

This today is possible for all SAP S/4HANA content, we're currently rolling this out to other content as well.

Best regards

Holger

HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Victor,

I really do appreciate your feedback, many thanks!

Best regards

Holger
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
Thanks a lot, Jan,

the close integration with SAP Activate and SAP's standards to govern implementation projects will further accelerate the time to value for our customers.

Best regards

Holger
bw134802
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Holger,

long time no see... many thanks for this clarification. I heard rumors that the processes of former SAP Model Company should move to Signavio - or shall I better assume that it might go to the process explorer? Any news about this topic?

Schöne Grüße,

Markus
Adri_Ferreira01
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Holger, thanks for sharing. I have a doubt, my S-USER don't have access after select ‘Application Lifecycle Management.’

My S-USER have a access for SAP for Me, but, when try Process Navigator, show me this image, what I do?

Image from SAP for Me

HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Markus,

indeed, it's been a while, hope you're doing very well. Valuable content from the former SAP Model Company program is re-used in the SAP Standard Content services offerings.

Some of the content is already available in Signavio Process Explorer and we're working with the colleagues to make it available in Process Navigator and Cloud ALM as well, it's just a matter of time.

Best regards

Holger
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Adriana,

I'll check with my 'SAP for Me' colleagues what access rights are required to get access to the content in the 'ALM' section.

Best regards

Holger
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Michael,

the feature is now available. Please see below screenshot, you can access 'Previous Releases' from the function right next to the 'Download' button.

This feature allows you to access the older offline libraries for older releases, or to download the older SAP Best Practices packages from SWDC.

Best regards

Holger

simondb
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Holger

I am really interested in learning more about process navigator. Are there any courses available currently ?

Regards

Simon
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Dear all,

we're receiving questions regarding supported browser technologies, I would therefore like to share the following article:

1281681 - Which browsers are supported? - SAP ONE Support Launchpad / SAP for Me | SAP Knowledge Bas...

Best regards

Holger
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Simon,

honestly speaking, I was hoping we've built the tool in such an intuitive way that enablement won't be necessary.

I'm absolutely happy to offer a walk-through, let me arrange something accordingly.

Best regards

Holger
janmusil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Couldn't say it better. Customer success first!
Manish_Bhandari
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Dear Steffens,

Will non SAP customers be able to register for S User?

Warm Regards,
Manish
Manish_Bhandari
Advisor
Advisor
Please try with Chrome. I had the same issue with Safari and it was resolved when I used chrome.

Regards,

Manish
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi,

please refer to the compatibility note that I posted into the chat.

Best regards

Hogler
ehartzs
Explorer
If you offer an open workshop would be great.  I think it would be interesting in discussing the integration with Solution Manager SolDoc, Cloud ALM, SAP Activate methodology and Signavio Process Manager.  Do you think it might be possible?
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
Working on it as we speak ...
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Esteban,

we're planning to offer a public session on this topic on May 25th, 3.00 - 4.00pm CET. Please watch out for the registration dates in this blog.

Best regards

Holger
Irene_G
Explorer
Hi - will all the accelerators currently accessed via BP such as list of SSCUI ( S4HC), Process steps list,  also move to Process Navigator ? BP has been one of the best tools SAP have delivered to support implementations...hope Process Navigator etc will be equally content rich.

many thanks

Irene
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Irene,

first I'm glad about your feedback regarding Best Practices Explorer. When I released it about 7 years ago I was not clear how successful it would become. For the mentioned reasons we're now modernizing with Process Navigator.

Yes, we'll continue to deliver assets/accelerators as before, for SAP S/4HANA best practices and other solutions. What is being delivered is surely depending on the solution itself. But I do promise you'll continue to receive what is required.

SAP internally we've established a governance board to continuously asses what additional implementation assets are required and shall be published.

Best regards

Holger
spiffie
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Holger,

Will the "Related assets" section of the solution processes be populated soon? The icons for "task tutorials" and "test script" are greyed-out for me. Is this due to missing documentation?

Thanks and best regards,

Stefan
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Stefan,

we might need to look into your session individually. The 'Related Assets' tab is available and all assets that have been published are accessible. So let's analyze what your individual issue is.

Best regards

Holger
TimC
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos
Hi Holger

Maybe just an anomaly for myself, but the only way to access the process navigator is to explicitly go via the direct URL - there doesn't seem to be a menu path via the 'SAP for me' portal ?

Kind regards

Tim
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Tim,

it's maybe a bit hidden. In 'SAP for Me', can you please navigate to 'Service & Support' and then to tab 'ALM = Application Lifecycle Management'. There you'll find the respective launcher tile.

Best regards

Holger
mlarosap
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Holger!

Very useful information! Thank you very much for this article!

I was trying to get the SuccessFactors EC implementation processes and documentation. If i'm not wrong, I need to access through SAP Cloud ALM, but I'm getting an error saying content is restricted to the card. Seems I dont have permission to that card (?).

Could you please help me to understand how to proceed? Does it has any fee attached?

Thanks in advance!

Mariana.
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Mariana,

unfortunately I've been reported a couple of access issues which are addressed to our colleagues from the 'SAP for Me' team. I'm waiting for a resolution of these issues the next days, please stays tuned.

Best regards

Holger
mlarosap
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Holger!! I will keep an eye on it
ingmarkroll
Discoverer
Dear Holger,

thanks a lot for the detailed blog post and the many explanations and comments. This has already answered most of my questions. However, I would like to know if the Process Navigator content will remain permanently accessible without a paywall or if at some point after the Best Practice Explorer is shut down, we should expect to no longer be able to access the Best Practices content for free? Can you say anything about this yet?

Thank you very much and best regards

Ingmar
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Ingmar,

I can only emphasize once more that there's currently no intention to charge for the use of SAP Best Practices unless they are offered within a service bundle, such as Enterprise Management Layer.

Best regards

Holger
ingmarkroll
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thanks Holger!!
thebacons
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Holger,

thanks for sharing these details.

I'm assuming, once  the rapid.sap.com closes down after July 2023,  we'll be able to upload best practices into SOLMAN from this Process Navigator? Are there any instructions regarding this integration,  so we can start testing this?

Best Regards

Colin
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Colin,

I've mentioned in one of the earlier comments already that I cannot comment on the SOLMAN strategy and would need to refer you to the respective team. You might want to post your question to earl@sap.com so that we can forward it appropriately.

Best regards

Holger
nicolaswillemen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Holger

What was the solution for this? I have the same issue as Stefan.

Thank you in advance.

Nicolas