Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shubham1
Employee
Employee
Co Author : jeyaganesh1988

Hello Community,

This blogpost is focused on the issue which may get encountered by S/4HANA Cloud customers while creating service organizations using Maintain Service Organization app.

Issue Description:

When customer uses “Maintain service organization app” to create service organization for company code, Plant details does not get populated as a drop down even after entering all mandatory fields as shown in the below picture.

For customers who are not using CBC & are using Manage your Solution App, a KBA is available for this issue resolution : https://userapps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/en/2693055

From CBC perspective a new KBA has been released : 2696536 - Unable to select Plant or Purchasing Organization when creating a Service Organization - S...

Root Cause:

Prerequisite step of Assign standard purchase organization to plant relationship has not been maintained in Organizational structure.

It is important to know that assignment of standard purchase organization to plant for CBC based customers is not yet supported in the “Set up Organization Structure app” under scope and organizational structure phase.

Thus, it is recommended to maintain this configuration via a transport request as a part of fine-tuning activity and hence additional redeployment is not required.

Resolution:

Using SSCUI “Assign standard purchasing organization” assignment of standard purchase organization to plant is completed.

After the assignment of standard purchase organization to plant, navigate to app “Maintain service organization” app and create a service organization.

The plant maintained in the assign standard purchase organization will be available in the drop down as shown below.

Conclusion : 

This blog post should help you to understand the mandatory configuration step (assignment of standard purchasing organization to plant) required to create a service organization in S/4HANA Cloud for Professional Services.

Check out below links for more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud :

Thanks for reading this blog post, hopefully the blog post was informative.

Looking forward to your valuable comments.

Thanks & Regards

Shubham & Jey
3 Comments
former_member507644
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shubham and Jay,

Congratulations on the Blog! Very good content!

Best regards,

Eduardo

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Thanks Eduardo for the KBA.
Terry_UK
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello - hope some still subscribed to this thread. Lots of info for professional services. One Key Question on Maintain Service Orgs though. . I would love to create a cross country service org. An entity that says UK Co Code, UK Sales Org, but lower level resources across Cost Centres/plants in other Legal Entity ownership. Now if I see other time and billing screen shots later. . DE Service Org has DE consultant booking (yes domestic scenario) but then a US Consultant with an interco markup. There I would assume it implies I can choose a DE Serv Org with a mix of DE and US Plants / Cost Centres, to enable allowable pooling of resources. . and the interco relationships I need to config.

Then just like the Sales Contract is created of the back of I contract - I then might expect the STO to be created in the background to support the US billing of the consultant to DE.

Best news and reply would be this is possible as in a previous Supply Chain product sense, this absolutely would be possible.