Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
*** Updated 11th August 2021: Mainly the images have been replaced in this blog post, so that they show what is available now.

In the blog post Get to Know the New Spaces Concept for SAP Fiori Launchpad you have learned about the new concept for SAP Fiori launchpad. The blog post Manage Spaces and Pages for SAP Fiori Launchpad describes how to put the capabilities associated with this concept into practice. In the meantime, there is a new SAP Fiori app called Manage Launchpad Spaces available. The concept evolved and with this now there are more configuration options in the launchpad.

Evolved Concept in Short

With SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2005 we first introduced spaces and pages. In this first version, a space consisted of one page. With the latest innovations, a space may contain several pages. For the user this means, that the different pages are selectable for a certain space via a drop-down menu in the menu bar.

Each page can be personalized by the user separately. For example, users can select apps in the App Finder and add them to specific pages.

New App Manage Launchpad Spaces

In addition to being able to manage pages, it is now possible to manage spaces in detail as well. The new SAP Fiori app Manage Launchpad Spaces allows you to:

• Get an overview of all available spaces, including the ones that are delivered as templates by SAP.

• Create, edit, copy and delete spaces.

• Copy spaces which are delivered as templates by SAP.

• Add and remove pages and define their order in the user’s drop-down menu within a space.

• Set a specific page to visible or hidden, in order to control its visibility for the user.

• Easily navigate between the different apps Maintain Business Roles (SAP S/4HANA Cloud), Manage Launchpad Spaces and Manage Launchpad Pages.

You can either launch the app directly, or you can use the integration to the app Maintain Business Roles.

Enhancements in the app Manage Launchpad Pages

The first released version of the app Manage Launchpad Pages already allowed you to create a page in the context of a dedicated business role. At the same time, it was already possible to use a space and an assigned page for several business roles. With the enhancements in the app in the new release, you can manage your pages now independently of any business role. When working in the app you can directly add any additional catalog and tiles from that catalog to your pages. With this approach you are free to first create the layout of the page and afterwards take care of the role maintenance.

We have enhanced the user experience as well, so that you can manage your pages even more efficiently. This includes for example an improved information and error handling, so that you better understand, what you need to look after on your page.

Just like for spaces in the app Manage Launchpad Spaces, the overview of all pages is complemented by a new list of all SAP-delivered pages which are accessible for you. By this means you can browse through the pages individually and decide which one you would like to use as a template.

For Your Convenience

Both apps can be found in the SAP Fiori group User Interface Configuration, together with the app Manage Launchpad Settings. You can now find at one place everything you need in order to administrate the launchpad.

Availability

The new layout, the apps Manage Launchpad Spaces and Manage Launchpad Pages and all the related features are available:

• With cloud products like for example SAP S/4HANA Cloud

• As of SAP S/4HANA 2020

• With SAP Launchpad service – currently spaces and pages are only available in the user’s launchpad; there are no design time tools available yet

Please note again that it is better to start as early as possible with investigating the new capabilities in the launchpad, because the home page will be replaced by them at some point in the future.

Further Information

To learn more about the evolved concept and the motivation behind, have a look at SAP Fiori 3: Multi-page spaces now available, and much more... There you will also see how spaces and pages fit in the overall SAP Fiori 3 story.

If you want to find out more about the app Manage Launchpad Spaces, please have a look at the documentation Managing Launchpad Spaces and Pages. In the very same documentation, you also find a how to, which guides you step by step through all necessary tasks when creating spaces and pages for a business role.

Don’t forget to check out the microlearnings at openSAP, which include a demo of the apps from this blog post. The app Manage Launchpad Spaces made its way to the videos as well, so don’t miss the chance to see the app live in action:

1. Introduction to Structuring SAP Fiori Launchpad with Spaces – SAP S/4HANA User Experience

2. Tools for Structuring SAP Fiori Launchpad with Spaces – SAP S/4HANA User Experience

10 Comments
jvanattenhoven
Participant
0 Kudos
It is clear how to determine the order of the pages inside a space.

It is unclear how we can determine the order of the spaces. We need to do this for our users.

So in your screenshot sample: how would we place "Employee Self-Services" all the way to the left?
sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Jeroen,

The ability to sort spaces has been added with the latest SAP Fiori front-end server 2021 release: Sorting the Spaces. It's available respectively for cloud products like SAP S/4HANA Cloud and works nearly the same way there.

If you neither use a cloud product like SAP S/4HANA Cloud nor are you able to upgrade your on-premise installation to SAP Fiori front-end server 2021, then there is a workaround that you can use instead: 3012443 - SAP Fiori Spaces: How to sort spaces via technical keys.

I hope that this helps you with your question.

Best regards,

Sylvia
nils-lutz
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Sylvia,

i've tried to access the mentioned How To but i get an 403 error "You don't have the rights to access this page". I

Where do i get these permissions?

And could you please tell me if it is possible to get the sorting ability for SAP FIORI FES FOR S/4HANA 2020 SP02 (05/2021) maybe via a Note or something?

Thanks in advance

Nils
sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Nils,

Thanks for pointing out that the link to the how-to is not working properly. It was pointing to an old version. Please try again with the new link: How to Create and Assign Spaces and Pages.

We do not plan to provide the sorting capabilities for SAP FIORI FES FOR S/4HANA 2020 SP02, as the feature does not only include changes in the ABAP stack but changes in SAPUI5 as well. You could always try to go for the workaround that I have mentioned before.

Best regards,

Sylvia
0 Kudos
Hi

Will the concept of Group be applicable still in Fiori 3 ? Or is obsolete now ?
sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Leona,

The groups have been deprecated since SAP S/4HANA 2020: What's New Viewer. Groups are still available, however new features are only being made available for spaces and pages. I recommend that you start working with spaces and pages in order to familiar with it and to get the latest improvements in design and functionality.

Best regards,

Sylvia
0 Kudos
I think will be extremely helpful if SAP can prepared a SIDE BY SIDE diagram to show the features being replace or added. Just a wish-list thanks.
ChristopheC
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi sylvia.strack,

I've just tried the new Fiori Apps to manage Launchpad Spaces and Pages. They just work great! The "Create Launchpad Pages from Groups" helps a lot as well.

I have one question regarding the sort order of the spaces in one role. According to SAP note 3012443 - SAP Fiori Spaces: How to sort spaces via technical keys, the only way to have a sort order of spaces is via the space ID.

Is that still valid? Is there any plan to have a more flexible way to define the sort order of spaces?

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback!

Best regards,

Christophe
steffen_huester
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Hi Christophe,

thanks a lot for the feedback. Since ABAP platform version 2021, there are more possibilities for defining the sort order of spaces. Please refer to Spaces Can Be Sorted (sap.com).

We will update the SAP Note, this is a workaround that only applies to older releases.

Best regards,

Steffen

ChristopheC
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thank you Steffen! Already tested and implemented, cool feature!