Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello community,

Updated on 09.12.2022:
3273042 - BSI: introduction of Tax Types 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 and 122 has been released to cover the changes released by BSI on Regulatory Bulletin 96

Updated on 02.12.2022:
SAP Note 3260101 - TAX: De Minimis number of days worked criteria for nonresident state withholding

Updated on 03.05.2022:

Important change with US HCM Tax Calculation and BSI TaxFactory 11 Cyclic H. Apply at the earliest HotNews SAP Note 3088446 (BSI: Updates to TaxFactory 11.0 reverse engine processing) to your payroll systems. It is required for BSI TaxFactory 11 Cyclic H.

Blog Reverse Tax Engine - Payroll USA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BSI TaxFactory and TaxFactory SaaS released version 11.0 is available.

After our partner BSI has extended the maintenance for their offering/Product BSI TaxFactory 10.0 up to April 30,2021. SAP has also decided to provide support for BSI TaxFactory 10.0 up to April 30, 2021.

Regardless of the extended support period for BSI TaxFactory 10, SAP strongly recommends not to postpone your upgrade to BSI TaxFactory 11 and still plan to complete the upgrade during this year.

As announced on BSI website JAVA/Tomcat 32bits is not supported anymore by BSI after TaxFactory 11.0 cyclic C and TaxFactory 10.0 cyclic X.3. For any query about this, please contact BSI Support.

Upgrade 
your payroll system to the corresponding BSI TaxFactory 11.0 product way before the decommissioning of BSI TaxFactory 10.0 support.
There are NO options to extend the support for TaxFactory 10.0 after the decommissioning date.

If you have any questions about BSI TaxFactory 11.0, you can post it here. I´m going to keep this updated with tips, best practices, and, SAP notes.

Important SAP notes:

2760305 - BSI: Tax Factory 11.0 - Main Note

As a prerequisite, you must apply the following SAP Notes:

2760918- BSI: TaxFactory 11.0 - DDIC Changes

2763228 - BSI: TaxFactory 11.0 - Function Modules Changes

2770832 - BSI: TaxFactory 11.0 - General Technical Changes

2780204 - BSI: TaxFactory 11.0 - Changes required for TaxFactory SaaS

2868617 - BSI: Tax Profile Factory SaaS correction

2780716 - BSI: TaxFactory 11.0 - BSI Tools

2790902 - BSI: TaxFactory 11.0 - Payroll Driver Changes

2844516 - BSI: TaxFactory 10.0 - Additional Configuration Options While in Transition to BSI TaxFactory 11.0

2852878 - BSI: Technical Correction changes

2854888 - BSI: TaxFactory 11.0 - Configuration Option

2860747 - BSI: Tax Factory 11.0 - system not able to run TaxFactory SaaS

2864644 – BSI: Tax data synchronization error during transition from TaxFactory 10.0 to TaxFactory 11.0

2855926 – BSI: internat error US_UPDATE_TXIT_FROM_TAXES in BSI Tax Calculation

2865938 - BSI: Tax Factory 11.0 - system continues using TaxFactory 10.0 after upgrade - SaaS

2876817 – V_BTXRATE & V_BTXOVFR: not saving Experience Rate and incorrect number of digits for Tax Type

2853869 - TAX: Additional withholding not considered and Regular wages classified as Supplemental

2878074 -  BSI: Update to BTXRATE reader class usage

2904103 -  BSI: TaxFactory 11.0 - Missing Changes in Structures for Release 600

2915653 - BSI: Unemployment Override not Being Considered on TaxFactory

2948446 - BSI: installation instructions for TaxLocator 11.0.

3008339 - TAX: Community Safety Payroll Taxes for Eugene

3013127 - BSI: Enablement of Tax Type 106 for Concurrent Employment

Important:

Before applying SAP note 2915653, you must apply note 2844646 - Ignore the local class definition, implementation, definition deffered, definition load , definition local friends changes this notes contains a fix to SNOTE transaction and without this you will get an error.

2919499 - TAX: Experience Rates Calculated Incorrectly in Tax Result Log

2920181 - TAX: TaxFactory Version Source in USVERS

2934419 - TAX: TaxLocator not proposing Tax Areas in TaxFactory 11

2944465 - TAX: Full refund of Unemployment tax when using BTXRATE override

Further irformation about the installation can be found on:

2844034 - TaxFactory 11.0 - On-Premise Installation

2843977 - BSI: TaxFactory 11.0 - SaaS Installation

2948446 - BSI: installation instructions for TaxLocator 11.0.

2977383 - BSI: Changes in Sync Tool Tax due to incorrect State

2988140 - IT0208: Performance issue when using Tax Locator

Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ

1) Which are the options for transition from TaxFactory 10.0 to TaxFactory 11.0?

• In transaction SU3, define the user parameter BSI_TF_VERSION with value 11.

• In transaction PE03, configure the BSI Tax Factory Version (10BSI) feature with value 11.

• In transaction SM30, open table view Customer values for configuration options (V_T5F99K2) and set the value of constant BSI TAX FACTORY: CUSTOMIZING SWITCH (BSITF) to 11.Once your company switches to TaxFactory 11.0, you may no longer use TaxFactory 10.0, nor may you switch back to it later.

2) Which is the start date to be used in table V_T5F99K2 and constant BSITF?

The start date should be 01.01.1800, once you decide to upgrade the system to TaxFactory 11.0, as the system should use the version 11.0 for all the tax calculation, even in retroactive scenarios, where TaxFactory 10.0 were used.

3) When there is a negative value the system is not calculating taxes after the upgrade to TaxFactory 11.0, what is the cause?

Check if the Reverse Tax Engine is turned ON in your system, table V_T5F99K2, constant ADTMD, further information can be found on the KBA 2984562 - Reverse Tax Engine TaxFactory 11.0

4) Filing status/Marital status is missing or not updated in T5UTK. What should I do?

As T5UTK has delivery class C, you can update this table manually. To find the filling status that should be update in T5UTK you can go to MYBSI Portal (https://mybsiconnect.force.com/CustomLogin) with your credentials:

· Select Product Maintenance > TaxFactory ->  11.0
· Under Maintenance select Cyclic Bulletins -> BSI TaxFactory 11.0 Cyclic Bulletin
-> Bulletin Data nformation

5) There is a syntax error in LPBSUD01 after implementing SAP note 2915653, what is the cause and what are the steps fix it?

This is because SAP note 2844646 is not implemented in your system, or was applied after note 2915653.

To solve this SAP note 2844646 must be applied.

Detailed steps:

1) Perform the de-implementation of SAP note 2915653
2) Apply note 2844646
3) Retrieve the version of objects LPBSUD01 -> To do it go to transaction SE38 select LPBSUD01 -> Utilitiles -> version -> version management -> select version prior the note implementation
4) Re-apply note 2915653

6) Is it possible to extend the validity date of TaxFactory 10.0?

There is no extension to TaxFactory 10.0. Support for BSI TaxFactory 10.0 will be decommissioned on April 30, 2021.

7) How Local Reciprocity is working in BSI Tax Factory 11.0?
Detailed information is available on the KBA 2973907 BSI TaxFactory Local Reciprocity Process (Basic Local Reciprocity and Advanced Local Reciprocity)

😎 I don´t see the WF parameter in BSI script, why?

The parameter WF: 0,0 is not being sent in all scenarios in the BSI script, as BSI considers it as WF: 0,0 if there isn´t this parameter in the BSI script. Parameter WF: 1,1 or 1,2 is always being sent in case the employee has an IT0210 record that follows the new W-4 Form Model for year 2020.

For further information, please check the KBA:
2985123 - The Parameter WF on the BSI Interface

9) Parameter WF is not in the correct line in BSI interface in TaxFactory 11.0?

There is a change in TaxFactory 11.0 cyclic B the parameter WF should be placed in other line in BSI script. This change has been delivered in the W-4 notes for States, after you apply the notes this parameter will be send in the line BSI expects to do the calculation for FED taxes.

The change in the parameter has been delivered in SAP notes:
2895426 – Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 2878657
2878657 – 2020 State Withholding Tax Calculation – Based on the State (or State-equivalent) Withholding Certificate (SAP_HR) – Phase I

For further information, please check the KBA:
2985123 - The Parameter WF on the BSI Interface

10) After the Support Package the system is calculating higher taxes when employee has IT0161, why?

After SAP notes 2888094 TAX: Lock-in letters override for W-4 exempt and 2880846 TAX: Lock-in letters not overriding New W-4 is now considering the values of IT0161 and now the system is calculating more tax, which is expected.

Refer to KBA for further details 2984188- Tax calculation for an employee with both IT0161 and IT0210.

Regards,

Graziela
649 Comments
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Gayathri,

I´m discussing this with Developer, when I get an answer I will give an update.

Regards,
Graziela
former_member271521
Participant
This is solved.

Thanks

Gayathri
0 Kudos
We are in the process of upgrading to BSI 11.  It was my understanding that when we applied BSI 11 that we would be at the latest level and would not need to apply any TUBS.  When I ran my first test payroll today I see BSI Level is 11.0.b TUB 28, but the SAP client specific and cross client levels were not updated.  Should those have been updated when we applied the upgrade?

0 Kudos
Hello,

I am in process of implementing BSI version 11 and After applying note 2934419 and setting TXL01 as 0/1 . I am still facing problem with BSI Locator, IT207 and IT208 is popping Locator but does not show any enter on the screen. Also, I have noticed this has happened after Sync program was processed in system. System is not able to read any authorities from the table and while Sync program I got warning as " mapping for authority needed to be fixed". I am not sure, IF I missed any step while implementing.

Regards,

Vineeta Mishra
0 Kudos
We applied the BSI TF 11.0 upgrade and delimited V_T5F99K2 for V10.0 as of 7/1/20 and created a new entry for 7/1/20 - 12/31/9999 for V11.0.  We ran a payroll simulation for pay period 7/1 - 7/15/20 and received the following redline error:

Error while connecting to BSI TaxFactory:

Program error in remote function call of RFC_HRUS_TF_VERSION_10.

We reconnected BSI 10 and the error is cleared.  In SM59 the BSI Connection Test is successful for both 10.0 and 11.0.  In the past, we have always disconnected the prior version of BSI.  It appears SAP/BSI are still using TF 10.0 and not 11.0.  Have we missed a step?

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Kathryn,

Refer to the Frequently Asked Question 1.

You should use just TF 11.0 in this table. So the start date should be 01.01.1800.

Regards,

Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Gayathri,

thank you for the update.
BSI also reached me via email clarifying you were able to do the switch in BSI side.

Regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Denise,

Did you run the Sync Tool after the upgrade?

Regards,
Graziela
I obviously missed that!  Thank you very much!
Hi Graziela,

I changed the configuration of  V_T5F99K2 to 01/01/1800 - 12/31/9999 for V11.0.  My Basis person disconnected BSI 10.0 and I'm receiving the following error:

Error while connecting to BSI TaxFactory:
RFC connection BSI10-US-TAX for BSI Taxfactory version 000 is not available.

What else am I missing?

Thanks!!
former_member66268
Active Participant
kyn what is the value in feature 10BSI? change it to 11 if its 10

Thanks

Chandra
Thanks Chandra!  That cleared the error!
v_b
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

We are getting significantly higher taxes calculated for FED withholding in TF10 vs TF11, similar to the first part of Jaikishan’s post.

1. Is the constant ADTMD in V_T5F99K2 also expected to resolve the message 1008; or is there a second part of the solution that you could please advise?
  2. In this blog as well as the 2020 W-4 blog I noticed that people were saying they got higher FED taxes. In the W-4 blog, someone said to update the BSI server file. Q: Is this a valid statement to pursue?

We’ve applied not 2878657 but the issue persists. You and Marcelo recently very kindly helped us with incident 483501 / 2020, so I can confirm we have filing status “04” on the system ?

Is there a known fix for this in the works or a config setting that will resolve the issue?

YOUR REQUEST TO USE 4 MARITAL STATUS FOR THE FEDERAL WITHHOLDING TAX IS NOT ALL
OWED. THIS TAX HAS BEEN CALCULATED USING THE 1 MARITAL STATUS.

Many thanks,

Vicky Boshoff

Hello Team,

I have followed steps in mentioned in Note 2919064 - BSI: Tax Factory 11.0 - Tax Types mappings as listed below and was able to set up BSI 11 in our Quality system and testing is in progress.

We use one dataset for production and Quality. I wanted to check if once we run sync program after BSI cloud Monthly TUB application in production. It will throw any error.

None of Configuration does not exist in production for BSI 11.

1. Log on BSI Tax Factory portal and select the dataset desired.

2. System Tools -> Custom Backup/Restore -> Backup. For safety reasons, it is recommended to perform a backup of the dataset before moving to step 3.

3. System Tools -> Custom Backup/Restore -> Restore.

4. A file upload will be requested. For this step, the file in attachment to this KBA should be used.

5. A screen like the one below should be loaded in which you will need to decide which option to use:
    1.jpg

1. A new data set: In this option, will be required that you set the data set ID information and as a result the BSI will create a dataset with the same ID mentioned.

2. Existing data set: In this option, will be required to inform which dataset you want to import the mappings. Please note that, even though this functionality can restore the entire dataset, the XML file provided in this note only contains the tax type mappings information. No other information from the dataset will be updated during the process.

6. Click in Process.

7. After the execution in the drop down, select Mapping tools.

8. Under Tax Types, click on Map Tax Types and check if the entries are listed.

Regards,

Vineeta Mishra
stacey_degarmo
Explorer
0 Kudos
Steve,

Have you heard anything more on the issue Experience Rates? We have a slightly different issue where we completed the upgrade, confirmed all of the Notes but we are self funded and do not have a Experience Rate in the BTXRATE Table in TF10 and now TF11. Payroll is failing with a "An exception was raised" error in UTXCE.

Our Developer is telling us in appears to be related to [In the class CL_HRPAYUS_EXPERIENCE_RATES and specifically the method call LOAD_FROM_DATABASE, it doesn't appear to get back any rates. Then in CL_HRPAYUS_BTXRATE method READ_SINGLE, there is nothing in the mt_table]

Again, this is different from your issue but may involve the same tables and processing type issue.
stacey_degarmo
Explorer
0 Kudos
Has anyone applied all of the TF11.0 Notes (per Blog list at top) and then experienced an issue running payroll?  We have applied all of the Notes and upgraded our Test Client to 11.0b Bulletin 124.  RPUBTCU0 runs fine but RPCALC fails with an Exception Raised in UTXCE Processing.

We are on HRSP 608-73 and concerned as to the order the Notes should be applied in.  Can anyone who can successfully run Payroll please share the order you applied the Notes in?

We also have applied Note 2854888 - BSI: TaxFactory 11.0 - Configuration Option that was released in HRSP 608-74 and not sure why it is not included in the list of Notes in this Blog.

Any assistance is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Stacey
former_member696713
Discoverer
Hi Graziela,

We have upgrade to BSI 11.0 B version. When we are trying to run the report RPUBTCU0 we are getting below error:

Machine generated alternative text:<br />
Message Text <br />
versjon of the TaxFactory currentty active: 11.0 <br />
BSI TaxFactory version 11.0: Tax Calculation Test Resutts <br />
RFC connection for BSI Taxfactory version Il is not available. <br />
Sorry, connection to BSI TaxFactory version 11.0 is not working

When we are trying to run the report with BSI 10 then it is working fine:

Machine generated alternative text:<br />
versjon of the TaxFactory currentty active: 11.0 <br />
BSI TaxFactory version 10.0: Tax Calculation Test Resutts <br />
Level in BSI Client: TaxFactory 10.0.x I Cyclic X I Regulatory 190 | Tax Locator N/A <br />
Congratulations, connection to BSI TaxFactory version 10.0 is working

We have performed below steps:

1.  SPRO setting for Customizing switch for TF11

2.  Feature for BSI 11 has been activated

3. User profile is updated with BSI 11 parameter

Please suggest if anything is missing here?

Note: We are on Windows Azure environment.

Thanks

Vijay

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Stacey,

I have update the blog with the notes.

As per the incident note 2878074 –  BSI: Update to BTXRATE reader class usage solved the issue.

Regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Vijay,

As per your description the connection to RFC is missing. Did you create the RFC connection to BSI TF 11.0?

This is described in note 2844034.

Regards,
Graziela
former_member696721
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

Thanks for replying!!

We have created the RFC as well as it’s working fine. But the issue still persists.

Please check SAP OSS 546118, all the details are there as well as connection is open to the System.

Regards

Vijay

former_member696721
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

After checking we found that the DATASET is not connected to DB.

Please suggest further.

Thanks

Vijay
02mainia18
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

We have just upgraded to BSI Tax Factory 11.0 in our test client. After the upgrade, no taxes are being calculated.

I also see BSI messages like the ones mentioned below -

THERE IS NO INFORMATION ON FILE TO PROCESS THE FED AUTHORITY. NO RESULTS HAVE BEEN RETURNED FOR THE PLANS USING THIS AUTHORITY.

THERE IS NO INFORMATION ON FILE TO PROCESS THE PA AUTHORITY. NO RESULTS HAVE BEEN RETURNED FOR THE PLANS USING THIS AUTHORITY.

THERE IS NO INFORMATION ON FILE TO PROCESS THE FED TAX. NO RESULT HAS BEEN CALCULATED FOR THIS TAX. BE SURE THAT THIS TAX CODE HAS BEEN SET-UP IN CUSTOM DATA

THERE IS NO INFORMATION ON FILE TO PROCESS THE PA TAX. NO RESULT HAS BEEN CALCULATED FOR THIS TAX. BE SURE THAT THIS TAX CODE HAS BEEN SET-UP IN CUSTOM DATA.

Can you please advise what custom data is required to be set up?

Thanks,

Ashish
dduron
Explorer
0 Kudos
Greetings,

Has anyone found a solution for this issue?  We too are experiencing higher federal tax withholdings in our TF11 testing compared to our TF10 test.  However, it only appears to occur for records with the new W4 form.  For records with prior 2020 allowances method are calculating correctly in both TF10 and TF11.  Only those on the new form are incorrectly calculating at a higher rate.

Hi Team,

We have upgraded our BSI to Tax Factory 11 – Cyclic version B and Regulatory bulletin 28.

Post this activity during the testing it is noticed that system is refunding the Employer UnEmployment tax for almost all employees.Wage types  (/410, /5U1, /701) are refunding for all the employees

Can you please advise the note that helps to fix the same

Thanks

SatyaPrakki
former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos
prakki3786 thanks for posting this.  We are also noticing something similar - relating to unemployment and in particular NH UI.  We are still investigating.  Do not know if this behavior is repeated for other authorities.  At this time, we are not sure where the problem is.

Thanks

Chandra
mjaix
Explorer
0 Kudos
chandramouly.veeramony2 - We do not see any refund of unemployment tax in payroll executed after TF11 upgrade. We have updated with cyclic B and TUB level 29. We even processed payroll for an employee in NH. I'm not sure if there is a specific scenario causing this issue. We have maintained rates for NH in BTXRATE and BSI TF. You can check if the data maintained in SAP and BSI TF is the same.

Recent TUB changes for NH has increased the rate, so that should not be an issue to cause a refund.

Thanks,

Mitesh
dduron
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Graziela,

I am experiencing the same issue that others have posted – Federal withholding taxes are calculating much higher with our TF11 tests compared to our TF10 tests but only for records with IT0210 W4 created post 1/1/2020. Infotype 0210 records created pre 1/1/2020 are calculating correctly. We are running BSI TF11 Regulatory 027 and are a local government agency in the state of TX. Therefore, State tax is not applicable. None the less, we have applied all the notes related to W-4 State Withholding Tax Calculation 2020 – Based on the State (or State-equivalent) Withholding Certificate in an effort to resolve the issue as others with similar issue have applied with favorable results. Upon applying all the following notes, the issue continues to persist:

2916238 - 2020 State Withholding Tax Calculation - Based on the State (or State-equivalent) Withholding Certificate (SAP_HR) - Phase II

2888094 - TAX Lock-in letters override for W-4 exempt.pdf

2878657 - 2020 State Withholding Tax Calculation - Based on the State (or State-equivalent) Withholding Certificate (SAP_HR) - Phase I

2895426 - Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 2878657

Upon further review of TF11 Blog we also applied the following as suggested in posts with similar issue yet the issue has yet to be resolved

2844646 - Ignore the local class definition, implementation, definition deffered, definition load , definition local friends changes

2915653 - BSI Unemployment Override not Being Considered on TaxFactory 11.0

Lastly, I have added entries ADTMD for value On and TXL01 for value 0 in table V_T5F99K2 yet the issue continues. I have tried various combinations of dates and values for ADTMD and TXL01 to no avail. Any suggestions on what is missing or how to resolve the issue resulting in higher Federal taxes would be appreciated.

Hi Chandra,

Below notes fixed our issue:

2915653 – BSI: Unemployment Override not Being Considered on TaxFactory

Important:

Before applying SAP note 2915653, you must apply note 2844646 – Ignore the local class definition, implementation, definition deffered, definition load , definition local friends changes this notes contains a fix to SNOTE transaction and without this you will get an error.

2919499 – TAX: Experience Rates Calculated Incorrectly in Tax Result Log

2944465 – TAX: Full refund of Unemployment tax when using BTXRATE override

Thanks

SatyaPrakki
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Deborah,

In these scenarios were the Federal taxes are higher, does the employee has IT0161?

Thank you,
Graziela

dduron
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

No, the test record for employees that are calculating higher Federal taxes do not have IT0161 maintained on the records.  Any insight or recommendations to resolve the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Deborah
prabu_manoharan
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

our company implemented ECP last year and we have applied a support pack to 81 now, and the notes which you have provided mostly fall under 81. Do I need to apply all these notes to upgrade to BSI 11?

Regards,

Prabu
former_member353481
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Graziela,

I am getting the following error after applying all the pre-req notes mentioned in main note 2760305. I believe someone else on this forum has already mentioned this error and I am not sure if the error was ever resolved. We are currently on 608-72 (ECC on-premise).

In include "RPC_PAYUS_BSI_BLR_CLIENT_CHECK ", in line 27 of program
"RPCALCU0 ", the following syntax errors
have occurred:
Type "LCL_BAS_LOC_RECIP_VERS_CHECKER" is unknown.

Now I have only applied notes mentioned in 2760305.

I am going to apply notes 2852878, 2864644, 2855926, 2876817, 2853869, 2878074, 2915653, 2919499, 2920181 and 2944465.

You mentioned above that I have to apply note 2844646 before applying note 2915653 which I will do. Someone followed this step and still got an error. Then you mentioned backing out and de-implementing 2844516.

So what is the correct steps to follow to correct this error. Should I de-implement 2844516 first before applying 2844646 and 2915653? Please advise.

Thank you.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Graziela / Gayathri,

Could you please let us know what change is made on BSI side to have the local taxes withheld ?

Regards,

Fojan.

former_member649267
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Team,

We just upgraded to BSI 11.0, when we run payroll in quality i get an message that "Basis local reciprocity is activated in tax factory client" & i see /TR1 wage type in RT with a value 1.00. Screenshot from SAP quality is attached below for references.

Now we moved our transport to PROD. when i run payroll i dont see ""Basis local reciprocity is activated in tax factory client" & /TR1 wage type is not there in RT anymore. Will this cause issue with reciprocity between states "Incorrect state calculation" when we have maintained custom nexus indicator in BSI 11.0. Screenshot from PROD is attached below for references.

former_member649267
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi TEam,

During my BSI 11.0 testing i kept FEATURE 10BSI to 10.0 and through user profile (SU3 TCODE) i maintained  "BSI_TF_VERSION" as 10.0/11.0 and i was doing my testing and comparing taxes between both BSI 10.0/11.0.... in both instance ie in both BSI 10.0 and BSI 11.0, system bought /TR1 wage type with a value 1.00 in employee RT.

Once when we go live with BSI 11.0 in PROD. i changed the value of FEATURE "10BSI" to 11.0.

now when i was doing some simulation payroll in production client which is connected to BSI 11.0... system stopped creating wage type /TR1 with a value 1.00 for all employees in RT.

Is this a issue? because i have maintained custom nexus indicator for states in BSI for some particular company code???? will this cause incorrect payroll tax calculation.... need your input.
former_member649267
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Steve,

Did you try maintaining custom nexus indicator on the BSI 11.0.. see if this resolve this issue....
former_member649267
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Jill

Look at the employee infotype 0001 and identy the company code, personnle and personnel sub area.. go to payroll and see whats the employee tax company..

Then go to BSI, look for "custom nexus data", take the tax company code and enter both the states there...example, resident in PA local and working in VA then enter both PA and VA.

Now run payroll and see if this resolve this issue. this is how i got this issue resolved by maintaining in BSI 11.0

Hope this helps
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Thomas,

I believe you already opened an incident, correct?
Refer to the KBA:

2917271 - Error while implemeting note 2844516

It´s important to retrieve all the objects from note 2844516, before trying to apply it again to the version before the attempt to apply this note. Otherwise you will keep receiving errors.

Kind regards,
Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Hemanth,

Please, check the KBA:

2973907 - BSI TaxFactory Local Reciprocity Process (Basic Local Reciprocity and Advanced Local Recip...

According to SAP Note 2667916 - BSI: Changes in TaxFactory Local Reciprocity process after January 1st, 2019, only Advanced Local Reciprocity should be used.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Prabu,

If you already have the notes in your system you don´t need to apply it using SNOTE transaction.
However, they are some manual steps that you need to following to switch to BSI TaxFactory 11.0.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Deborah,

You have created an incident about this, correct?

Thank you,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Ashish,

Do you see this information in the script? These errors are returned by the BSI.
Is the mapping done in BSI tax factory?

Regards,

Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Hemanth,

I believe this is related to your last question, correct?

Regards,
Graziela
former_member649267
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

Yes it related to my last question and thanks a ton for releasing a KBA with all information.

My question is with BSI 11.0, I don't see /TR1 wage type in RT, will this impact payroll taxes when we run payroll??? do we have any significance to this wage type? will my reciprocity between taxes wont work according to custom nexus data configured in BSI 11.0????

Need your input.
former_member109388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeta,

I am not sure if I understood your comment related to one dataset for both Quality and Production.

Please notice that this is not recommended as:

• In a on-premise installation SAP system will look for a dataset with the same name of your client.
  • In a cloud environment each environment has its own BSI linked.

This is the supported scenario which also avoid to face issues due to changes in the dataset for testing purposes.

Roger Oliveira

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Hemanth,

Wage type /TR1 is to identify the employees that were affected by the Basic Local Reciprocity.
The Basic Local Reciprocity should not be used anymore.

This note also contains some information that can help you:

2685179 - BSI: Changes in TaxFactory Local Reciprocity process - FAQ

Kind regards,

Graziela

dduron
Explorer
That's correct!  Thank you for looking at the issue.
former_member649267
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

SAP note 2917910 (We implemented this as part of BSI 11.0) has bought new wage types "/3K0 to /3K4" and "/3KA till /3KI", "/4K0 to /4K4" and "/4KA till /4KI", "/6K0 to /6K4" and "/6KA till /6KI" , "/7K0 to /7K4" and "/7KA till /7KI".

Now when we run payroll recon report for current year with wage type application "TURK". i get error message "You must include the corresponding /4XX wage type" and recon report stops executing. After debugging i found that /4K0 and /4K1 wage type processing class 72 (employee or employer tax wage type) is missing a value as currently its blank in our development and quality. Screenshot of /4K0 is given below.

Now when i maintain processing class 72 as "2" employer wage type, report run fine without any issues.

QUESTION:

Is it ok to maintain /4K0 wage type value as 2 for processing class 72... Please confirm as other wage type like /4K1, /4K2...etc has processing class 72 maintained and they dont error out.

Need your input.
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

After upgrading to BSI TF11 in the BSI portal end, we need to run the HRPAYUS_SYNC_TAX_DT this transaction? we just want to know how below details will get updated?

Can you please help me on this one.

Regards,

Suryasai K

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Suryasai,

Did you switch to BSI TaxFactory 11?

1) Which are the options for transition from TaxFactory 10.0 to TaxFactory 11.0?

• In transaction SU3, define the user parameter BSI_TF_VERSION with value 11.

• In transaction PE03, configure the BSI Tax Factory Version (10BSI) feature with value 11.

• In transaction SM30, open table view Customer values for configuration options (V_T5F99K2) and set the value of constant BSI TAX FACTORY: CUSTOMIZING SWITCH (BSITF) to 11.Once your company switches to TaxFactory 11.0, you may no longer use TaxFactory 10.0, nor may you switch back to it later.

KInd regards,
Graziela