Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christianevonre
Advisor
Advisor

Situation Handling has been available as of SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1802 and SAP S/4 HANA 1809. One of its strengths are the many use cases delivered by SAP, which are quick and easy to configure, to handle business situations. Another strength of Situation Handling is that it can be widely used across business areas.

The Next Level

Now, with SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202, we're taking it to the next level with the extended framework of Situation Handling. You can define your own Situation Handling use cases in a controlled environment and process them reliably and efficiently.

What’s in it for you?

There are two new apps for administrators:

The new Manage Situation Types – Extended app supports your key users in defining and configuring your custom Situation Handling use cases, which you can then use productively.

The level of complexity that the extended framework can handle is even higher than that of the standard framework: For example, you can now define multiple triggers for situations, have different notifications for each condition that triggers a situation, and define how and when different groups of users are notified.

Another strength of Situation Handling, intelligent end-user support, is also possible for your custom Situation Handling use cases. With our new administrator apps, you can also define all actions and the navigation to related apps offered to the end users as options to close a situation. And you can define the detailed situation information that you want to display to end users in the My Situations - Extended app on the dedicated situation page, as shown in this screenshot:

Screenshot of the Situation Page

What will happen to the use cases delivered by SAP?

We are very proud to offer you the wide functional range and flexibility of the extended framework, combined with our proven strengths. Of course, you can continue to use our standard framework with an increasing number of standard use cases.

Curious?

Try out the features and options of our extended framework using the demo templates delivered by SAP. These are based on the data from the new Situation Handling Demo app.

Find out more in this dedicated blog post series that describes in detail the demo configurations and how they can help you model your custom use cases:

Further Resources

For more information, see our Community space for Intelligent Situation Handling and SAP Help Portal for Situation Handling in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. We welcome your valuable feedback.
4 Comments
peterrudman
Explorer
0 Kudos
Dear Christiane,

I am always looking into your blogs to get more insides about this capability. Thank you so much for sharing this new feature.I have seen as well the the interest of the clients on the possibility of creating their own logic. 

Would this app be also available the next release S4 OP 2022? 

Best Regards,

Peter

christianevonre
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Dear Peter,

Many thanks for your kind feedback and your question. I can confirm that we plan to deliver the extended framework for Situation Handling with OP2022. But, as with all forward-looking statements, this can of course be subject to change and the delivery could be postponed due to changed circumstances that are currently unforeseeable.

Best regards,

Christiane
Hervao
Explorer
0 Kudos
Dear Christiane,

Thanks for your posts. As per my understanding the extended framework is available on the On premise S4 2022 but it seems to be available as well on the On premise 2021. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
angelika_salmen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Dear Herve,

The extended framework for Situation Handling is available with On Premise 2021 FPS2.

Best

Angelika