cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the help portal variance of Extension Ledger, S/4HANA Private cloud vs Public cloud

satoko_nakayama
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi team,

There are differences in the description of help portal about the Restrictions of Extension Ledger between S/4HANA Private cloud and Public cloud.

In the help portal of  Private and ON-PREMISE, there is no Restrictions on the page.
(The corresponding page is the following URL.)
Extension Ledger | SAP Help Portal

But in the Public help portal , some Restrictions are noted, such as "Extension ledgers are not integrated with Asset Accounting."
Extension Ledger | SAP Help Portal

Is this difference a simple omission?
Or are there no Restrictions of the Extension Ledger in the Public cloud and ON-PREMISE?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Finance FIN General Ledger SAP S/4HANA 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

a_montesdeoca
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @satoko_nakayama,

Please note that SAP S/4HANA Cloud Private Edition and SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition are totally different products.

The Cloud Mindset is one of the most important guiding principles while implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition, therefore, there are some considerations that you need to analyze. For instance, you cannot add ledgers after the initial scoping is finalized, and you cannot remove activated ledgers.

Please review in detail the following documentation that also includes guidance about asset accounting:

Hope this helps.

Arturo Montes de Oca

satoko_nakayama
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @a_montesdeoca,
Thank you very much for your thoughtful suggestion.
I understand that Public and Private products are completely different.
And I have also read the explanation you suggested about the ledger settings.  
The simple question I wanted to ask was:
The reason why the restrictions are not mentioned in the help portal of Private product about extension ledger is that they are intentionally not mentioned because they do not actually exist.
Could you tell me about this point?
Thank you and best regards,