Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE Settings in Controlling Area in HCM system

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Community,

We have setup Cost Centre integration between FI and HCM system and our requirement is to further continue the integration from HCM to another system. So,

Finance -------> HCM --------> <other system>

Between FI & HCM, message type COSMAS is used.

Between HCM & the other system, message type ODTF_CCTR is used.

All connections work & data can flow correctly if we use full replication for both FI to HCM & HCM to the other system.

We want to improve the performance further by doing delta replication using change pointer between HCM & the other system. Please note that we keep full replication between Finance & HCM.

However, we notice that whenever HCM receives an IDoc from Finance system, there is no change pointer generated.

We have debugged FM IDOC_INPUT_COSTCENTER (FM for message type COSMAS) and found that we have to populate two fields LOGSYSTEM & ALEMT from table TKA01.

If I look at the following configuration for table TKA01

SPRO->Cross-application Components->Predefined ALE Business Processes->Accounting->AC <-> AC->Activity-Based Costing or transaction OKKP1.

If I look at the help of the configuration, I need to populate LOGSYSTEM field with logical system of Finance system where Controlling Area master data is maintained.

So, my question is that we have different finance systems for each landscape (dev, test, prod) & this configuration has to be transported, does it mean that I have set the logical system to Finance QA in Test landscape via one transport & then for prod, I will have to create another transport to set the logical system to Finance PROD in Prod landscape (via test landscape)?

Sorry for the long post.

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)