cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with error DMC_GENERAL281: Function group does not belong to the specified object

kbader
Participant

Hi

I transported a new project from D to Q. when I wanted to do prepare step / or generation of the object in LTMOM I got error: DMC_GENERAL281: Function group does not belong to the specified object

Anyone familiar to this and knows how to avoid it from the beginning? I couldn't find info using above error ID in support portal or here.

What I did as a workaround: I debugged while generating and stopped when error message is thrown and simply skipped that step. The object got generated. After that I did a small change to force new generation which was without error.

I assigned the project to a Z-Package. Could that cause the error?

Thanks for help!

Best regards

Klaus

System: S4HANA ON PREMISE 2021 01 (02/2022) FPS

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Did you manage to solve the above issue correctly? We encounter the same error.

Thanks for the workaround.

kbader
Participant

Hi Marcin

What I did as a workaround: I debugged while generating and stopped when error message is thrown and simply skipped that step. The object got generated. After that I did a small change to force new generation which was without error.

Unfortunately no other Solutions yet.

Best regards

Klaus

pn1109

We recently encountered this issue in our HANA 1709 SP02 OnPrem environment.

In our case it was during a client copy to create a new environment for data load testing.

When the client got copied over, function groups ended up being assigned to the wrong migration objects somehow resulting in the DMC_GENERAL 281 error.

To resolve we deleted the function groups using SE80 and that allowed the regeneration to run successfully and create the right function group in each object.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sybille
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Klaus,

transporting the project should work out of the box.

Please open an incident in component CA-LT-MC - providing system credentials so our development colleagues can check.

best regards,

Sybille Lackermeier, SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit Product Management

prithvispandana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This error usually appears if you Target system (in your case it's quality system) is copy of any system.

Could you confirm if your quality system is fresh system or copy of any system.

Thanks,

Prithvi

kbader
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Quality is a copy however the project is brand new without any adjustment in ltmom and did not exist in the quality or it source before.

When it happens usually, what is the usual solution?

Thanks!

Best regards

Klaus

prithvispandana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please open an incident in component CA-LT-MC . The issue needs an be investigated.

Thank you,

Prithvi

prashant_saini
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I'm seeing same issue

quality is a copy of another client

if i try to create the a new project in Quality i get the same error.