Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin Capacity Replenishment

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have one bin that have capacity to fulfill 2 cases, Putaway strategy is F is activated on storage type. When I try to fulfill Bin by running the report RLAUTA10. But System is not creating the TO but TR is already available.

Results required- Fill the Bin as per the capacity available. In this case says 2 qty. (Primary bin)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to the solution proposed by Jurgen please have a look on the user exit MWMTO007 where you can write the logic to place the two unit of incoming stock in the fixed bin and rest in different storage type

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish and Jurgen

I will explore the user exits suggested by you. As All I am trying to replenish the primary bin from the secondary bin. I think I would create the TO only with quantity that can fill the bin to its full capacity. Rest quantity I would like to keep in the secondary bin.  I hope this approach will work.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is implementing a user exit will able to meet this requirement ?

Thanks

Jagdeep

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so, but I am not that deep in user exits. With the right amount of money and an extraordinary good developer almost anything is possible.

SAP has a list of user exits in this document Develop User Exits for Warehouse Management

There is one MWMTO012 that may look promising of first sight, but this one must not be confused with your requirement. MWMTO012 is able to split a TO with many items into several TOs, but cannot split a single TO item into multiple items as you can read in Transfer Order Split

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen!

TR is created for more than 2 quantities e.g. say 10. When I try to convert to 10 I am getting the Error that Bin Qty exceed by 8 nos. I do not want to increase the Bin Capacity just want to fill the bin to its full Capacity. irrespective of quantity available in the TR.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or missing here.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP only searches for bins that can take the entire quantity per TO item.

SAP will not split a TO based on capacity.

So you have to split your TR into many TO items.

This is done with the palletization data, either directly in TO creation, or via WM2 view as proposal in the TO creation.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

convert the TR to a TO manually  and check what the bin determination log says (can be found in the envrionment menu)