cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we pull transaction data from BPC to GR using GRDC or any other option ?

parthiv1994
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In one scenario, there are some subsidiaries that are doing consolidation in BPC, and now we need to pull that consolidated data into group reporting for final consolidation.

So can we directly pull transaction data from BPC to GR using GRDC or any other option?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Arleigh
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Parthiv,

So with that information GRDC is probably your best option. There is a spreadsheet upload built into the Data Monitor but it's looking for a perfectly formatted CSV file and the validation capability is quite limited. You could also use an API but then you need to write code.

The advantage of GRDC is it has very good data transformation capabilities so you export the file from BPC, GRDC uploads the file, transforms the file and imports it in all via a scheduled job (if you want to use that option) and if there are issues it has a very detailed log file that can be selected to run with the import.

In my mind GRDC is probably your best option.

HengyeZhu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please be noticed that the consolidation data structure for BPC and GR is different. For BPC, all the intercompany elimination entries are stored with group information which is not the case for GR. For example

Group GA --
             CU A1
          Group GB
                 CU B1
                 CU B2

In BPC
Original: B1 B2 100
Elimination in GB: B1 B2 -100 GB
Elimination in GA: B1 B2 -100 GA

In GR
Original: B1 B2 100 PL <= 10
Elimination: B1 B2 -100 PL = 20
The GR new reporting logic will determine on the fly whether elimination entries should be included in consolidated result, that is whether B1 B2 belongs to the group.

Arleigh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

So there are many ways to import Master Data and Transactional data into Group Reporting. GRDC is limited to Transactional Data but I would recommend you check out the blog below by Jana Annapureddy. It goes over an application that I believe is free to download (and comes with documentation) that makes it allot easier and faster to import historical data.

https://blogs.sap.com/2023/06/13/s-4hana-group-reporting-historical-data-accelerator-how-to-deploy-i...

All the best!

Arleigh

parthiv1994
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi arleigh ,

Thank you for the answer.

Here we are looking for a regular data loads from BPC to GR using GRDC and not just for historical data.

Regards,

Parthiv