Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character

DanielFe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

What is the character limit for numeric dialing? Is there any documentation from SAP for this for us to inform our customers about? Thank You 

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi DanielFe,

What is the current SAP Business One version and patch where this issue is reproducible for you?

Kind regards,

ANKIT CHAUHAN

SAP Business One Support

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BattleshipCobra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I checked an SQL Server system and totals are NUMERIC(19,6) which is 19 numbers and then 6 decimal places.

I checked in a HANA system, the currency totals are DECIMAL(21,6) which means 21 characters and 6 decimals.

So you may end up going over those totals and having to break out the periods by date range or something to get them into Excel.

Mike

DanielFe
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Experts, If this is a 10 version, will the number of digits be the same or will there be additions?
BattleshipCobra
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello, I do not represent SAP but I doubt they are going to randomly increase the size of all of their numeric fields. You could log a ticket with SAP Global Support to check but I think you'll be waiting a long time before they make any changes. You could do multiple transactions to split up the totals, you could export raw data to Excel but I don't believe there will be a quick short-run solution to your numeric overflow issue. Mike