Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy PERNRs from Live to Test

naveenvishal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have a requirement to copy certain PERNRs (lets say, any 10) from SAP Live to SAP Test server with all its info-types which are maintained in SAP. Any PERNR can have N no.of info-types maintained for it.

How can I copy PERNR complete data from one client to another.

Regards,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveenvishal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Found the solution on an SCN post recommending the same process of IDOC.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55965

Thanks all !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

You can use IDOC for data transfer between these two servers.

There are different Message types for IDOCs. Refer HRMD_A (HR master data applicant).

You can also filter the infotypes to be transferred using the Rule for IDOC or the distribution model.

I have done the same; and it works. Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Ajinkya

naveenvishal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajinkya,

Thanks for the reply.

I need more details on how to achieve the same as IDOC you specified is for Applicants only. Plus, we dont know before hand that which info-types to be picked for those 10 employees. Each one can have N no. of info-types maintained against it.

Hope I am making myself clear.

Regards,

Naveen

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hrmd transfer all infotypes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

The message type HRMD_A will transfer data for given PERNR. If you don't  put any filter of infotype, by default IDOC will transfer all the infotypes that have been maintained for the employees. There are several steps in configuring IDOC.

- Set up logical system

- Assign logical system to client

- Set up tRFC port

- Create partner profile

- Add the message type in INBOUND and OUTBOUND message types on respective clients

You can refer to SAPTechnical.COM - ALE Tutorials or SAPTechnical.COM - Step-by-step guide to ALE and IDOCs for further information,

Regards,

Ajinkya