Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create asset master for personnel number with start date in the future

Prichly
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement to create asset master for employees whose personnel number start date is in the future. The current setting only allows for personnel with start date that falls within the current date. The reason for wanting to capture it this way is because HR would have completed the hiring process and asset(laptop) need to be purchased and assigned in advance. So that when the employee start date arrives, the laptop etc will will have been assigned and ready for collection.

Thank you in advance.

FIN Asset Accounting 
FIN (Finance)

Prichly_0-1711316499065.png

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DerekWang9
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any reason you assign assets to personnel number inactived yet?

From business perspective, it's more make sense to use a valide personnel number for any assets. you can try to assign to one effetive personnel number first, then when the personne number you want is activate, then you can change to the new personnel number. 

Prichly
Explorer

Hi Derek,

(i have edited my question above)

The reason for wanting to capture it this way is because HR would have completed the hiring process and asset(laptop) need to be purchased and assigned in advance. So that when the employee start date arrives, the laptop etc will will have been assigned and ready for collection.