Did you mean: 

Creation of Recurring Inspection Lots with Serial numbers

Homiar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the following scenario at our client :

<i>MIGO_GR</i> is used to create GR for materials with Serial number requirement. The serial numbers can be generated automatically or manually entered on the screen. At this point of time, the Shelf Life expiry date & Next Inspection date are calculated based upon the Production date. The Batch gets created with Next Inspection date, Inspection Lots are created and the Serial numbers are assigned by the system. The stock moves into QI.

The stock is moved from Quality restricted to Unrestricted stock via <i>QA11</i>. The serial numbers are handled by the system or can be managed on screen.

Transaction <i>QA07</i> (Deadline Monitoring of Batches) is used to create Recurring Inspection. QA07 gives error message IO304 that "<b>Only 0 serial numbers entered instead of 1</b>". The problem is that system doesn't pick up the corresponding serial numbers.

OSS # <u>497845</u> mentions that Transaction QA07 can not handle serial number. The serial numbers are very critical to the business process.

Has anyone come across this situation before ? Please suggest solution or workaround. I tried using BAdI "<b>INSPECTIONLOT_UPDATE</b>" & was able to create Inspection Lots with serial number assignment, also manipulated Batch to change the Next Inspection date. The problem is Material Movement (322) Document does NOT get created.

Also tried implementing BAdI as per OSS # <u>608830</u> but doesn't give desired results.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Homiar Kalwachwala.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having the same problem over here as well.  Looking forward to the communities response.

Homiar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Just wanted to bring this on top to be noticed.

Would appreciate any help, suggestions...

Regards,

Homiar.