cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Decimal Display Format for Smart Forms in Multiple SAP Docs

I have been working on Smart Forms for purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and other documents across multiple departments. Each department has unique requirements for number and amount display, such as some needing specific columns, rounding, and others not.

Is it feasible to provide a user-friendly functionality that allows individual users to customize the decimal display format for quantity, rate, amount, and percentage based on their preferences? We aim to empower our end users with the flexibility to adapt the output format to suit their specific needs.

Any insights, guidance, or best practices on how to achieve this dynamic customization would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your valuable assistance.

Regards

AQ

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a question about Smart Forms, not Adobe Forms.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you explain which "specificities" you are talking about? (e.g. examples)

The only requirement I know is by country and it's handled in standard by Smart Forms:

10.000,99 or 10 000,99 for European countries
10,000.99 for USA
(unfortunately no Lakh format for India available)
arnabdatta3
Participant
0 Kudos

sandra.rossi oh, sorry. I will delete the comment.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jrgkraus
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose you are talking about forms where you can influence on the interface and the print program.

If so, you could use custom domains for your numbers, where you use a custom conversion exit. Let's say, you use a set of several domains for various types of numbers:

• one for currency values
  • one for quantities
  • one for percentages

In the conversion-exit, you could read the user's set/get parameters to influence on the formatting, for example

• Z_NR_DEC_CUR for the number of decimals of currency values
  • Z_TH_SEP_CUR as a flag the turns on thousands separator
  • Z_NR_DEC_QUA nr. decimals for quantity
  • and so on

Then you code the conversion exits so they keep track of the parameters and format the number as needed.

Now, the users can set those parameters in their user master data. If something more convenient is needed, you could write a front end that sets those parameters.

After that, you can use the special domains in your structures for smart form output and the numbers will be formatted as set up by the user

0 Kudos

thanks! for reply

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

abdulqadirbinmuhammadhasan Could you provide feedback too? Thanks!

Answers (0)