cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBS Bank MT940 & SAP ByDesign Bank Statement Upload

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Hope I can find a solution to my problem.

My problem is after I uploaded the MT940 file downloaded from my bank DBS Bank, Singapore in Bank Statement in ByDesign, a Statement ID is created for each day, regardless whether there are transactions on that day or not. Imagine when I run monthly, 30/31 Statement IDs are created and I need to skimp through 30 IDs to post the entries. I may have missed steps in either DBS MT940 download or ByDesign upload? Is there anyone who is facing the same situation? What is the workaround for this problem?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

former_member751591
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since you're asking a question here for the first time, I recommend you to read this overview Community Q&A, and to take our Q&A tutorial . With these tips you'll be able to prepare questions that draw responses from our members.

The more details you provide, the more likely it is that members will be able to answer your question.

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

By adding a Picture to your profile you encourage readers to respond.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frank_jahnigen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

A first approach would be to contact the issuing house-bank asking for sending less-frequent statements if there is no daily volume. Consolidating sent statements via application possibly could raise concerns as to compliance.

As to the effort of manually posting selected statements; Via Business Configuration / Settings for Posting Automatically Generated Bank Statements - you can define a Decision Table specifying whether manual or automatic posting would apply for a house-bank/account.

Hope this helps,

Frank