cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete canceled inspection line from "manage inspection lot" app- S4HC Public Manufacturing

Nima_S
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is is possible to delete canceled lots from "manage inspection lot" app?

BR,

Amin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amin,

Archiving the lot using the archiving object QM_CONTROL would remove it from the manage inspection lot app

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_CLOUD/d1e58be39d884a0dbf75a7526a9acbf4/f299b663e8c84d3aaf0e467b...

Best Regards

Enda

Nima_S
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi enda.fennelly,

Thanks for the link.

In this link, SAP recommended to use "Define QM Archiving Parameters" but after that starts to explain "Manage ILM Business Rules" app!!! and that's really interesting for me....

I navigated to "Define QM Archiving Parameters" in IMG and find below data.

My question is, after 30 days inspection lots w/o change are nominated for archive. So, where is this "preparation program"?

And finally, as far as it is wirtten here, I cannot archive/delete inspection lot when I want. I have to wait to this time period goes and then the system will automatically delete this. BUT, in case this inspection lot is created by receipting a material from supplier, when I delete the receipt document, inspection lot will be deleted.

I'll be glad if you can answer this differences too.

BR,

Amin

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello 03221991.

How are you? I have accepted enda.fennelly's answer for this question as he answered it for more than 7 days agor and there is no comment from your side. If you do not agree, you can open again this question.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amin

The preparation / preprocessing program is defined in the Archiving variant which is maintained in the Manage Archiving variants app.

Screenshot attached

After the retention period has elapsed , my understanding the inspection lot is not automatically deleted but is available to be archived .

In the Manage Archiving variants and Monitor Archiving Jobs you have to define a variant for what you want archived and schedule the job then to remove it

Best Regards

Enda