cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP 6.0 SO Order special equipment & material to be used with.

RonieO
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SD Geeks,

I am asked to set up the following scenario:

Order for Material A with price XXX (Dummy Material no Stock) to end customer (price including equipment rent)

We will deliver a x month supply of A ( in real B) to the end customer and bill end customer every quarter

Delivery must have Material B ( real material to be deliverd) and posted Goods issue

Invoice Material A price XXX to end customer

Stock movement for Material B is a must ( A I don't care)

Have WM active (need to pick material B)

You can compare to when selling paper towels to a company to refill a dispenser you installed. The towels are the real material B

and can be sold seperate but when sold with a dispenser you will deliver on a monthly basis using material B ( price incliuds the rent of the dispenser).

Checked a view things but did not work.

I am kind of drawing blank, any idea is appreciated.

Thanks, Ron

Edited by: Ronald Oggert on Aug 17, 2010 9:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ron

I would suggest 'divide and rule' method. How can you include a fixed monthly amount with a variable Consumable order ? For example they may order 20 rolls this month and 30 next month.

Set up a rental contract ( Type MV) for the Equipment with periodic billing plan and bill it separately with a Debit Memo Request)

Consumable material will be separately ordered, delivered and billed.

Alternately you can try this:

Set up a dummy material- say Rent and Consumable- with Item Cat Group LUMF and a BOM underneath. Its components will be a Service Material (rent)- BOM Item cat not L but something else- and the consumable material- BOM Item cat L. Then the Item cat of header item will be TAP and the components will be relevant for pricing and delivery. Start working on the concept and let me know how it goes.

RonieO
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

I have been down that road using a Sales BOM and / or a contract w/ and w/ billing plan. With dummy material and with real material also BOM (Dummy was Header - component was real material). Its not the equipment I try to incorporate as a component its that I have one material that will be sold like two different . Once the 'normal" material with the associated price, stock and so on that can be orered by any customer but also as a refill supply for the equipment for customers having our equipment. The Material is still the same. I can deliver the equipment w/o charge upfront but the monthly supply must include rental fee and revenue of the equipment and the material". BOM worked for demand but not for Stock and WM since I can not pick the component. I guess I may try a solution on MM/PP side using a dummy material in contract and order, deliver and invoice and have a production process to post material a to material like a real production based on demand of the dummy material.

Thanks a lot for the really thoughtful comments, Ronald

Answers (0)