cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error GK351: Invalid Value in Char Functional Area (YB99)

tiagovieira
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Community Experts,

I am writing to seek help regarding an error when attempting to upload data. The error message no.GK351: "Char Functional Area contains an invalid value (YB99)". (Evidence 1)

I have already created the YB99 subitem. (Evidence 2)

Perhaps the issue may be related to the configuration option in the subitem category called "Sender Field for Subitem"?

Any insights on this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Tiago Vieira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vineet_s
Participant

Hi Tiago,

Please check if this functional area is created in the Fiori app Define Master Data for Consolidation Fields as well under Functional Area. YB99 needs to be created there as well.

Subitems require dual maintenance, backend as well as Fiori app.

Regards

Vineet

0 Kudos

Thank you once again Vineet. It solved the issue.

Just a follow up question: I don´t have subitems for Transaction Type created in Fiori and they work without issue. Is this normal behavior?

Thank you

vineet_s
Participant

Hi Tiago,

The transaction types are most likely already existing as Accounting master data (in the app check the Accounting Master Data tab). Thats why there is no issue.

Regards

Vineet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cfaustm3
Active Participant

Is this note applicable for your release? I had a similar issue on a different field and this resolved it.
2979259 - Group Reporting: Error "Char Functional Area contains an invalid value (YD20)" when running a consolidation task or posting a group journal entry

-Chris

tiagovieira
Participant
0 Kudos

I ended up solving the issue. It was not actually an issue, just was not configuring properly the subitem in Fiori app.