cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate from po to MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

While making Import PO fed Exchange rate and tick on Fix rate but while doing MIGO the exchange rate is taking from OB08 and not from PO. pl. guide.

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

This is the standard behavior of the system. But the difference between PO rate and OB08 rate is debit & credit to the GL accounts which are maintained against the transaction keys PRD & KDM. Your inventory & GR/IR clearing will get posted with PO fix rate.

Regards,

Mukthar

muttepawar-2009
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Standard SAP should allow for a different exchange rate translation when performing MIGO although the date is uses for the translation will be the posting date. It is not necessary to "fix" the exchange rate at the time of PO creation to flow through the GR and IR process.

--

In a PO, under header details if Exchange rate fix -check box is flagged, then while posting MIGO, system will consider the Exchange rate mentioned in PO. Otherwise, the system will pickup the exchange rate from Configuration t-code OB08, Where exchange rates are maintained.

--

I´m afraid that i haven't explain the problem properly. although, the document currency is EUR but there is a price condition which is in USD and this is the exchange rate that they want to update in migo date instead of PO date.

As we use EUR like document currency Exchange rate fix -check box flagged doesn't work, but thank a lot for your idea.

--

After maintaining and updating exchange rates in OB08 as explained by one of our friends, you also check in OBA7 transaction whether for document type 'WE', you have entered 'M' in the field 'exchange rate for foreign currency documents'.

Then for exchange rate type 'M' in OB08, you maintain rates for your currency for the required dates (for the dates for which goods receipt is to be posted)

0 Kudos

Thank you for you advise!

Eluard
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, @muttepawar-2009, I'm facing the same issue - see below - with my customer. did you manage to find a solution?

I´m afraid that i haven't explain the problem properly. although, the document currency is EUR but there is a price condition which is in USD and this is the exchange rate that they want to update in migo date instead of PO date.

Eluard
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello, @muttepawar-2009, I'm facing the same issue - see below - with my customer. did you manage to find a solution? I´m afraid that i haven't explain the problem properly. although, the document currency is EUR but there is a price condition which is in USD and this is the exchange rate that they want to update in migo date instead of PO date.