cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed SHPCON idoc (51 status) changes the packed qty in the SD delivery document

ali-sd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SCN,
One of my clients is using SAP ERP 6.0 (EHP7) and below is the problem definition.

A sales order is first created, followed by the creation of a delivery note, which is then sent to the third-party logistics (3PL) Warehouse Management System (WMS). The WMS fulfills the order by shipping the requested quantity to the customer and subsequently sends the necessary details to SAP via an IDoc. Below is an example of the Idoc for reference.
alisd_1-1714677695879.png

It's surprising that the failed Idoc successfully updated the packed quantity in the delivery document. I'm curious about what caused the failed IDoc to trigger the update in the delivery document?

Additionally, after assigning the cost center to the GL (450030) in KA02 and reprocessing the IDoc in BD87, another issue arose: the IDoc attempted to update the packed quantity details again, resulting in an error message stating, "Packing not possible since there is no quantity to be packed".

Please advise if this is the bug in the function module or the Idoc needs a change in the data.

ali-sd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello 
@SAPSupport please advise

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello @ali-sd 

That doesn't look good as your IDocs are not process transactionally, they are only processed partially. That is against IDoc development guidelines - see SAP Help Ensuring Data Consistency

That might be due:

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

ali-sd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for our response, Dominik.
I had the ABAPer investigate the code in the FM IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY and he found a bug which was later corrected.

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello @ali-sd 

The bug you mentioned, was it in SAP standard code or in a custom enhancement?