Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File transfer between Linux (S/4 Hana) server and Windows server

weinmeister
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to migrate to S/4Hana soon and therefore need a new way to exchange data between servers.

Currently, there are only Windows servers in my system landscape, which makes the exchange of data between servers via SMB easy.

Since S/4Hana is Linux-based, some of these servers will be replaced soon. I would like to have the ability to exchange files between the Linux & the Windows servers. I already checked, but web services isn't an option for the company.

Which other means to exchange files between a Windows server and a Linux (S/4 Hana) server are there?

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

FTP or SFTP seems like a good option. You can also mount remote directories with Linux Samba.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LINUX can mount natively CIFS (SMB Windows) shares, meaning that writing from the S/4HANA servers to the Windows ones is "easy".

The other away around, one option is to install SAMBA on the LINUX servers and create shares (this solution needs to create SAMBA users on top of the system ones). Other option is to create NFS server on the LINUX side and use Windows Server client: https://vzilla.co.uk/vzilla-blog/how-to-mount-a-an-nfs-share-in-windows-server-2019

weinmeister
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. I will look into this solutions

Answers (0)