cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal year variant K4 not defined for calendar year 2001

LisetteM
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to create an asset master record, but I keep getting the error "Fiscal year variant K4 is not defined for calendar year 2001"....I tried my best but did find the missing link. Can anyone help me solve this mystery?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor

You need to consult Finance team for asset set up and all related configuration.

AJRW can be used for asset fiscal year change and AJAB for year end closing for asset accounting like MMPV used for MM period opening & closing , and OB52 used FI period oening.

LisetteM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

I suspect that it is a configuration issues, but as a beginner I cannot solve this out on my own yet. I used the Tcode OBY6 and checked the back-end, K4 variant is 12 periods and 4 special periods. If the variant is not defined for calendar year 2001, the question becomes how do I define it to resolve the issue. Hopefully an expert has the answers....:-)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Mark_W
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Have you set a legacy transfer date?

LisetteM
Participant
0 Kudos

No, I am on a training system and don't know how to do that yet...:-)

Mark_W
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor

Not sure why calendar year picks as 2001 and year should be 2021

Check OBY6 and check your fiscal year variant K4 for our company code.

former_member604015
Discoverer
0 Kudos

To eliminate this error, go to production startup and ensure company settings transfer date is set to a date 01.01.2001. That should resolve the issue and you will be able to create AS01 master records for assets.

LisetteM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

2001 really doesn't make sense. I checked the back-end but didn't know what to look for, so I am going to check OBY6. Can you please do me a favor and give me the steps to follow or let me know where I can find directions. I need a guide to follow. Thank you very much.