cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Reporting: Upgrade from release S/4HANA 1909 to a higher release

SAPSupport
Employee
Employee

A system including one or more Group Reporting client(s) is to be upgraded from S/4HANA 1909 to a higher release (e.g. S/4HANA 2020, 2021, 2022, etc.).
What is the most important point to consider before the upgrade?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn more about the SAP Support user and program here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SAPSupport
Employee
Employee

Required actions before performing the upgrade:
1) Read attachment How to Upgrade Group Reporting - 1909 to 2020 (2).pdf of FAQ SAP Note 2659672 and SAP Note 2941945.
2) Import code correction of SAP Note 2941945.
3) Read SAP Note 2941945 and proceed accordingly, i.e. run report FINCS_CHECK_LEDGER to check whether version / ledger settings are compliant with higher release.

If SAP Note 2941945 was forgotten and upgrade done and version ledger consistency was not given before the upgrade, i.e. an error pop-up comes in Data Monitor app:
4) Send customer case to SAP Support on component FIN-CS-COR.
5) Do NOT run Initialize Settings configuration step!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_balint
Employee
Employee

Hello Nag,

The version / ledger consistency topic is a prerequisite for an upgrade from S/4HANA 1909 (or S/4HANA 1809).

On release 2020, version / ledger consistency should already exist.

So, if you intend to upgrade a system containing a Group Reporting client from release S/4HANA 2020, there is no similar boundary condition like the version / ledger consistency when upgrading from release S/4HANA 1909.

To sum up, there is no dedicated documentation for an upgrade from release S/4HANA 2020 for Group Reporting beyond the general Getting Started With SAP S/4HANA 2022.

Kind regards
Csaba

0 Kudos

Thanks Csaba

0 Kudos

Similarly can I ask for Documentation on upgrade from 2020 to 2022 in Group Reporting

Thanks

Nag