cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM - Positions with two Employees

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any standard report that will tell me which positions have more than one employee in them? If not is there any type of report that can do this?

Thanks

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

A simple way to get this data is through SE16 from table HRP1001.

Basically, if one position is occupied by 2 people then obviously their staffing percentage would be less than 100%. So what you can do is below:

1. Goto SE16 and enter HRP1001

2. On the selection screen, in "Object Type" enter S, in "Relationship" enter A, in "Rel.obj.type" enter P. Increase the max no. of hits to 99999 to get you all the data. Then execute.

You should get an output as below where you can see that the staffing percentage is 50% for the position occupied by 2 people:

Take a dump of the output and simply filter on staffing percentage to find which is <100%. It should give you the position which is occupied by 2 persons. Alternatively, you can also use the highlight duplicate functionality of excel on the position to get the repeated positions which would mean that they are occupied by more than one person.

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has been observed in many client sites, that the staffing percentage of a position being less than 100%, as mentioned above, depends on how a HR user assigns the position..  It is also seen users ignoring that the total should be 100%.

I would suggest:

a)In the selection criteria above in SE16 txn, also include relationship start date <= (LE)current date, end date >= (GE) current date.

b)Save the list as mentioned above, from SE16, in a txt file and open it in Excel. 

c)Sort the worksheet on Position id.

d)Excel experts should now be able to include formula/s to list positions occupied by more than one employee.

0 Kudos

Thanks that seems to be the best way of doing it. I tried the Staff assignments report but that was bringing back all of the vacant positions as well.

Thanks for the help

Stephen

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know problem is solved.

Please close the thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos