cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create multiple invoices for a single sales order with multiple deliveries

arunsubbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is a sales order. This sales order has 3 deliveries done on same date or different dates and the PGI is done for all the deliveries.

Now when they try to invoice by giving the sales order as the input in VF01, there should be 3 different invoices based on the 3 different deliveries. But by standard process, we are able to generate only a single invoice. How can we achieve this?

Thanks and Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess is that for this business they probably use a "Big" Sales Order with multiple deliveries.  For convenience, they want to use only Sales Order Number but to create multiple Deliveries Related Invoices.  Don't use VF01 then.  Try Billing Due List and perhaps teach them how to do multiple selection of deliveries based on Search Help.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

arunsubbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your support. Finally the issue is resolved by changing the configuration to delivery related billing. But the user still would be entering only the sale order. User exit is used to fetch and pass the deliveries not invoiced for the order and invoice it.

Arun

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to have one invoice for one delivery, create a custom VOFM routine and assign it in the copy control. There is a sample routine provided (see VOFM -> Data transfer -> Billing documents). In

VBRK-ZUKRI field you'll just need to put the delivery number (LIKP-VBELN) along with any other criteria, if applicable (you might have a custom routine already).

Note that this will apply to all the invoices/deliveries with the same copy control. If it's to be applied on "as needed" basis then the only way is to invoice deliveries individually.

The subject of delivery/invoice splitting and combination has been discussed many times on SCN. Please use Google to search before posting. There might not be your exact scenario discussed, but it's all the same technique.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"""But my client asks for a solution where they will enter only the sale order and they need invoices based on deliveries. They asked me to check the routines""""

From where system can get the data of Deliveries when you input sales order number in VF01?

When you input sales order in VF01--system thinks it is order related billing--then why Deliveries required?

How come a client can suggest to check in routines where they are completely not aware of what is Routine is?

I think you need to Educate your Client on this requirement.

Phanikumar

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of gong to order related billing use delivery related billing.itslogically its correct.

Billing will always generate based on Item category Billing relevance setting A-Delivery Related or B-Order related.

if you want to create multiple invoice for a single sale order means....do it manually..

go to VF01 enter sales order number

click on "selection list" button change the open quantity manually (based on your delivered quantity)

then select line item click on "copy" button.then the same quantity will copy in to billing then execute.

like that you need process all your delivery documents based on quantity.

if you check the second time billing document will updated automatically after creation billing document.

please check and let me know.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun Kumar,

Maintain the Copy control in VTFL Billing item routine DATA VBRK/VBRP =007 Single invoice

In Header Maintain "E" current invoice number and save.

In "VF04" Maintain Billing Due List Enter the details of the Customer and Billing date .Generate the list.

Check the Deliveries which you want to club into a single invoice and select it.

Then click the Collective billing Document tab.

The Deliveries are combined into Single invoice and if any errors you can check the log.

Regards

RAMESH

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Create your Invoice with reference to delivery not with reference to sale order. When we create delivery we should use delivery related billing. Don't maintain copy control from sale order to billing so that user will be bound to create billing with reference to delivery.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
when they try to invoice by giving the sales order as the input in VF01

When the scenario is delivery related invoice, why you input sale order?  If you input delivery reference in VF04 or VF06, system will create individual invoice.

G. Lakshmipathi

arunsubbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

I can understand your statement and this is possible in SAP. But my client asks for a solution where they will enter only the sale order and they need invoices based on deliveries. They asked me to check the routines. I have tried routines and user-exits too, but not able to attain the solution they request.

Regards

Arun

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through copy control routines, it is not possible.  Try with USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP program RV60AFZC where you need to validate preceding document category as "J" and fetch the delivery references from VBFA whenever user executes VF01 or VF04 or VF06.

G. Lakshmipathi

arunsubbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have tried this. But using this, we cannot split the line items as desired for our requirement.

Let me show as an example.

sale order 12345

line item   001 100kg

002  50kg

delivery     45678

line item    001 50kg

delivery     45679

line item    001 25kg

delivery     45680

line item     001 25kg

002 50kg

Now when they do invoice, they need it as

Invoice     001234

line item 001 50kg

Invoice     001235

line item 001 25kg

Invoice     001236

line item 00125kg
line item 00250kg

In order to achieve this in the user exit, I should get the Header and Item as table, so that I can split based on the number deliveries available. But in the exit what you mentioned it will be a structure or work area. So i cannot use this.

Thanks

Arun