cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know or estimate SAP customer usage by application?

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI all - With all of the newer cloud applications based on BTP one of the critical questions that I always have is - How many companies are using them, how big they are and which industry they're in?

For example - Take the SAP Asset Intelligence Network . I hate to oversimplify things, but if a few customers are ACTIVELY using it, then it feels like being one of 10 people on LinkedIn, Facebook or the SAP community. These solutions simply don't have true benefits if folks are reluctant to join them.

My question is - How can I know or estimate how many companies are ACTIVELY using the SAP Intelligence Network? What about Fieldglass? etc.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Doug_DeLuca
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration (formerly SAP Asset Intelligence Network) is a many-to-many network solution that enables asset operators, OEMs and service providers to collaborate on asset definition as well as maintenance and service via a cloud-based asset repository and shared workflows. Premium accounts using SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration invite and establish network relationships with their trading partners. These trading partners can be premium accounts as well to invite others further still, or these trading partners can collaborate upon invitation among their network partners via a free basic account. This allows the network to expand and enable collaboration among asset management ecosystems no matter how diverse in scope or geography.

Overall, SAP Business Network is a B2B marketplace of millions of companies with the potential to cover just about any type of good and services one can possibly imagine. Network customers are able to search that marketplace to discover, connect, and transact with those suppliers. And when they do find a supplier that they would like to connect with, they have a wealth of information they can review about that company, including things like ESG and sustainability credentials. From a supplier’s perspective, the network is a great place to be able to promote their business, in order to connect with some of the world's biggest and most connected buyers, and to grow their business, making the supply chains among them more efficient, transparent, resilient, and sustainable.

Regarding SAP Business Network Asset Collaboration, asset OEMs and suppliers joining the network have the ability to gain enhanced visibility into their install base, grow closer to their customers via enhanced service collaboration, and even develop new business models such as Equipment-as-a-Service to their grow top line while increasing customer retention and satisfaction for long term customer value. The Bitzer SE and KUKA customer stories are great examples of this.