Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain HSN code in S/4HANA cloud product migration template

Babu_Lal_Limba
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I am migrating materials from an ERP system to S/4HANA cloud ERP. I am using the product migration template provided in S/4. I do not see any appropriate field in the template where I can enter the HSN code. This is the migration for a company in India.

Could anyone suggest/guide the way to maintain HSN code in material master via migration. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Babu

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Adding Tag S/4HANA Cloud for Master Data

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello babu.lallimba.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Data Migration" for this question, as it is related to a Migration Template Issue.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

TamasFodor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

We helped you to accept the best answer, since there were no updates after a few days. You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
Tamas

SAP Community Topic Expert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sahil_Grover
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

In Product master template , International Trade Section> Taxes in International Trade

Babu_Lal_Limba
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil, Thanks for the help. We were also expecting the same field but the documentation says it should be used for Brazil only.

I have no confirmation if this can be used for India or not.

Regards

Babu

Sahil_Grover
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This will work for India

Babu_Lal_Limba
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Sahil. Although the description of this field indicates that it should be used only for Brazil, I checked with PM and this is also applicable for many other countries including India. Documentation in the migration template will be corrected.

So this field will work. Thanks for the help

Regards

Babu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Babu ,

I checked in our 2308 Cloud system and HSN Code is not included in the list of fields available in the Migration Object Product

This would be missing functionality . Please submit a feature request by following the KBA 2963059 ( https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2963059 )

Instead , have you tried using the mass maintenance app to maintain the code after the product has been created ?

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F2505')/S30

Best Regards

Enda

Babu_Lal_Limba
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Enda. I do not have this Mass Maintenance app assigned to my user. I cannot assign it also as I don't find the required business role in the system.

For the feature request I do not see any option to create a new request. May be it is only for externals.

Regards

Babu

TamasFodor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi enda.fennelly, babu.lallimba

enda.fennelly Could you maybe provide any further insight regarding this topic?

To me it seems that missing business role indicates a missing scope item from the system, but this might be best analyzed via ticket by our support colleagues.

Kind regards,

Tamas

RAHEEL_BABAR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this blog maybe it's helpful for you.

RISE WITH SAP S/4 HANA PUBLIC CLOUD Manage and Classification of Commodity code for a Product

Regards

Babu_Lal_Limba
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raheel, Thanks for the help. The blog talks about the commodity classification. But I am looking for HSN coding of materials.

Regards

Babu