Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection operation level confirmation in QM

radulani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have an inspection plan with 2 operations 10 and 20. Both my operations use QM01 as a control key. Do we have any inspection operation level confirmation feature available within QM space and if so, can someone please share more details on the same? How is that feature used, what value can it bring? If inspection operation level confirmation exists, is it only valid for 03 inspection type or other inspection types as well? Please advise.

Thanks

Rd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor

Hi,

In-process inspection can be maintained at the Routing level with required operation and inspection characteristics.

Operation confirmation control depends on business department level, production operators completed the task and then handover to check the in-process quality measures. If in-process measures are not tested production operators can not start the next operation because still in-process check work in progress.

So in this case operation control and quality checks aligned.

You can control confirmation optional or mandatory in control key, make sure that you activated the right controls parameters in control key.

Please let us know if this will not helpful or not answered your question.

Best Regards,

Lingaiah

radulani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Lingaiah,

Thank you for your response. In our case we don't have production orders in SAP. We have only QM in SAP S4HANA. So i was trying to understand that whether to confirm my 2 operations 10 and 20 in an inspection plan of type 01, is a QM order mandatory and if so can you please let me know the steps to configure the QM order assignment to a material?

Or is also possible to confirm inspection operations without a need for QM order? So you just have basically workcenter, qm01 control key (confirmation checked in config type 2) in inspection plan and you should be able to do confirmation?

Regards

RD

sourabh_maheshwari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is a setting in your Control Key and is generally used in 03

It can be used in other inspection types, but hardly adds any value, other than increasing a step in the process

radulani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Sourabh but could you elaborate more on this please in terms of what value is not added and what additional step is required?

Regards

RD

sourabh_maheshwari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We majorly use the confirmation in 03 inspection process to confirm the yield for that specific operation

When it comes to other inspection types, we do not need to confirm any yield (unless you want your QM operation to do that).

When you have finished results recording, it will give an additional pop-up, which is basically useless, and interferes with automatic settings that a user can setup on his profile (like closing the MIC or moving to new operation)